Spira's Forgotten Legends: The forgotten story of Spira's controversial heroes.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin

Male Number of posts : 748
Character (Race) : Shinu (Human)
Hometown : Kilika
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:56 am

It must have been quite funny to Tiffany that Shinu had absolutely no travel experience. Mieli was sure giving him a hard time that night about thinking that you could just get to Besaid in a matter of minutes. Mick was such a calm pilot, and nothing brought him more joy than flying at night. It was the most quiet and peaceful time to him, and so their trip started at a great time. It would take a good amount of hours to make the trip from the western half of Bikanel all the way to Besaid, and certainly enough time to sleep. With the advice of Mieli, he, Tif and Shinu nodded off to sleep in separate rooms for the remainder of the evening. There would be plenty of time to get to know one another, but this was a great time to rest, and that would come in handy later on.

While Shinu was sleeping, the airship reached Besaid Island. The day was perfect in Besaid. It was a wonderful sixty nine degrees fahrenheit and the sun was softly warming the village and its beaches. The beach has beautiful soft white sand along the shore of the beautiful crystalline blue water. The cool, calm breeze causes small waves and ripples, but nothing too much. The temple here is an architectural masterpiece in its own right. It isn't the most advance structure, but the classic layout and design command appreciation from its viewers.The village is compiled of a collection of small huts similar to those in Kilika. The sky was radiant with streaks of pink and orange dashing across the cloudless blue sky.

An artist could not have compiled a better image for Shinu as the entrance of the airship slid down and crashed on to the shores of the beach. It was such a sight to behold for young Shinu. He'd seen some beautiful things in his years, but this sight was a first for him. It wasn't so much the sight of the water, the glow of the sky, the radiance of the air, but the feeling that Shinu got from being here in Besaid. The way the wind gently swayed and nestled itself under in between his defined muscles, in his hair, and in through the tiny holes in his mesh shorts was calming to Shinu. It sort of took his problems away from momentarily, a much needed second of relief.

Shinu reached down and took his shoes off, folding the expandable material down to fit in his pockets so that he could feel the sand in between his toes. The cool sand tickled his feet slightly, and he wished he could just stand here forever, taking in all the beauty Besaid's beach had to offer. Shinu closed his eyes and walked slowly out towards the shore. It shocked him just a little when the cool water crashed over his feet and up to his ankles. It dragged the hair on his lower leg straight down as the salt water pressed up against his already cool skin. Shinu kept his eyes closed and walked out a little further, just enough to get the tip of his shorts wet and slowly started to raise his arms. He rose them up to just above his neck, his palms opened up towards the sky. He was tempted to fly, just fly around the ocean for a little while and come back, it didn't matter, he just wanted to soar.

Before he was able to open his eyes and turn back around to get back to Mieli and Tif, he heard a voice in his head. An all too familiar voice, the voice that belonged to his beautiful mother. Anytime Shinu didn't live up to his expectations or doubted himself, he was always met with the same few words his mother would never forget. "Shinu baby, you can be anything you want to be." Shinu smiled, and sent a kiss up to the sky with his eyes closed, hoping his mother would get it and smile. With that, he turned and looked back at Tif and Mieli who seemed content to let Shinu have his moment. He was glad they weren't looking at him like he was weird or anything. He walked past them and shook off the water on his feet before slipping his shoes back on.

Hey, thanks for waiting up for me. I just want to make sure I enjoy every place we go. For now, I have some business in the temple, and I think it's best if I can go alone. Mieli, I know how you feel about temples, and Tiffany, I think it would be easiest if I did this alone so we don't have to worry about starting our journey dealing with racism. Besides, it's nothing major, I just need to get it done quickly and then we can relax before we move on. Tell Mick I said thanks for the ride.

Mieli already knew what Shinu had to do, and wasn't worried about Shinu being alone. Tiffany agreed that it would be a good idea for her to not go into a temple if it was necessary. Shinu bid them farewell and began to walk down the beach towards the small path leading north to Besaid's village. The sand finally stopped as he looked off to his right and saw a large cascading waterfall amidst some grasslands. Seemed to be a dead in, but definitely a nice place that Shinu would love to visit one day. He imagined sitting on the edge of the waterfall, overlooking the lake below and relaxing with some good company. He wasn't sure when there would be time for that, but it was a nice thought.

He pressed forward as he climbed up a few fallen ruins on his way to the elevated path that he could see stretching north for a fair amount of distance. It didn't bother Shinu, he was in at a crossroads between being in a rush and wanting time to slow down. Admittedly, Shinu was a bit afraid to be doing this alone, but his two companions didn't seem much like the temple type, and sadly, neither was he. Shinu was pretty humble at this moment, something quite new to him, and the only other time he got this way was when he dealt with destiny. He just didn't feel like it was his job to try to change destiny, but to embrace it and make the best out of it. He walked through a few more waterfalls that fell off of a cliff overhead and off into a river that surely lead to the ocean. Shinu was starting to get off balance trying to walk straight and stare straight up at the waterfalls at the same time, and turned just in time to notice a bridge. He happily crossed it and continued on to the final descending path that led to the village.

This path was rocky, making Shinu laugh at how versatile the terrain was. It went from sand, to grass, to rocks and water all over the place, beautiful. Shinu made his way down the slightly steep downhill path, making sure he didn't go too fast and get out of control. When he finally made it to the bottom of the road, all that stood in front of him was a few huts on the side of a dirt path leading to an amazingly humble temple. It was gorgeous from the outside, and strangely, Shinu wondered what was on the inside. Along with that, he felt a brisk sense of deja vu sweep over him, as if he'd seen this place from this exact view before, but he shook it off, knowing that it was impossible.

He strolled onwards towards the temple, acknowledging the hut to his left. From the window, he could make out a young lady who seemed to be preparing breakfast. Not just a young girl, but a rather beautiful young girl. Shinu gave her a grin and a wink as he passed, and made a mental note to be sure and see her again to try and get to know her better. He kept that image of her pretty face in his vision as he continued on towards the steps of the Besaid Temple. Before he ascended, he noticed an elderly Guado man also climbing the steps. Suddenly, Shinu got a brilliant idea, and decided that perhaps he wouldn't have to do all of this alone.

Excuse me sir. Do you mind if I have a word with you before we enter the temple?

Last edited by Jimi on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Tif

Female Number of posts : 426
Character (Race) : Tif (Al Bhed/Yevonite)
Hometown : Home
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:24 pm

Besaid. They were finally in the isle of Besaid. The island known as The Beginning to many Summoners of Spira. Tif heard short stories of the isle's tranquil properties, but now she finally understood what the fuss was all about.

Tif stood there, in the pearly, white sands of the beach. It was small, but the size was fit for her liking. She slowly shut her eyes as the cool, misty breaze raced across the sands and into her hair, which flowed with the same amount of energy as it caressed her milky, white skin. She opened up her eys and watched the clear, cerulean waters wash up on the shore and roll back quickly into the safety of the waters. A coral reef with a variety of exotic colors lied on bottom of the ocean floor, imprisoned by the sea. Schools of fish swam in unison, while others hid from predators within the confines of the coral. Mini-cliffs remained stationary, as flora of paradise rested on the surface. Ruins of an ancient city were slowly but surely being swallowed by the greenery. Seagulls flew overhead, under a sky so blue...

"...and Tiffany, I think it would be easiest if I did this alone so we don't have to worry about starting our journey dealing with racism. Besides, it's nothing major, I just need to get it done quickly and then we can relax before we move on. Tell Mick I said thanks for the ride."

Tif snapped out of the island's hypnosis spell when she heard her name escape Shinu's lips. She never knew he was in his own little world, just like she was.

"O-oh, right! You've got it, big guy!" Tif turned to the sight of Mick standing on the pier. He, too, seemed to be lost in the island's beauty. "Thanks for the lift, Mick!! Hope to see ya again!"With her words in his mind, Mick nodded to Tif as he entered his airship. When the airship's door closed shut, it began to move, creating massive winds in the process. Tif watched as the ship rose into the air and take off in flight. Shinu had left for the village. Now it was just Tif and Mieli, alone with nothing else but each other's prescence.

"So, what shall we do now, partner!?" Tif grinned at Mieli and did a little dance as he stood calmly stiff on the beach.

&&

Check out my favorite sites!

All ANTM | Seventeen! | NEW Gaia! | FanFiction
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:21 pm

Mieli definately took the time to rest. He knew Mick was smoker, so he smoked out his room on the airship. He had plenty of weed leftover that he wasn't into sharing so before he went to bed he light up a couple bowls and helped himself to just a little bit of the liqour Mick had on board. Eventually Mieli passed out face down on the couch in his room and started dreaming.

"So you've destiny in motion haven't you Mieli."

"If the world doesn't turn out differently this time, then i didn't set anything in motion now did I? Everything would be the same with different names, am I right?"

"Well, if you don't try to change anything you change nothing at all right?"

"That's a motivational way of looking at it isn't it?"

"I think we may have sent the wrong one if you can never look at things from the positive aspect."

"I don't view things postively or negatively, only realistically."

"Fair enough, I guess that's why you're moving around and not me right now."

"I doubt it..."

Mieli heard a pounding on the door. It was Mick.

"Rise and shine pal. You only get offa' this train you're on at the end of line and here it is."

Mieli kept his head nearly face down in the pillow. He was badly hungover.

"Can we fly around for thirty more minutes."

"Haha, no. Get out of bed your way, or I'll be forced to bounce you my way."

"Shit."

Mieli got out of bed and made his way down to the beach where he listened to Shinu say a few incomprehensible things to him before he headed off.

"What to do eh? Well there's no point in going to town, it's a long walk to nothing. To be honest with you I kind of worry about Shinu going to a temple all alone, but Besaid is any easy temple so it would just create a whole bunch of drama of temple priests meeting a controversial Al Bhed girl and an angry hungover drunk. Yeah he's better off without us for right now."

Mieli sensed Tif was getting tired of his mumbling.

"Since we're not going to town. Do you wanna just hang out on the beach for awhile?"

Mieli light up a cigarette and sat down on the nearest fallen log on the beach.

"Well I don't suppose you've been to Besaid before Tif. What do you want to do? Sadly all the main attractions are within eyesight."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tif

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 pm

"You know, I think I'll for I swim. I've never seen so much water before! All there is really is that oasis in the desert."

Tif sat on the beach's soft, white sand and unlatched the leather straps that kept her boots together. After they were completely off, she walked slowly to the waters. The sand creased between her toes and all around her feet. It was so different compared to the sands in the desert. She could really get used to the cool weather and the beautiful scenary of Besaid.

After losing herself in the beach sand, Tif approched the Besaid waters. She tested th temperature of waves as they came crashing and rolling onto the sand. She quickly pulled her foot back as the water was oddly cold. Even though, she felt it to be extremely relaxing. It wasn't long before she ran in and let herself fall in the water. She swam out farther into the ocean, and went under. The coral on the ocean's bottom was beautiful. She saw many shapes and bright colors, like orange, pink, red, and yellow. She swam up to the surface for air. Enjoying hersef, she let her muscles loose and floated on top of the waters, looking up at the clear blue sky as white, fluffy clouds drifted with the wind.

&&

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mia

Female Number of posts : 360
Character (Race) : Kat, Human
Hometown : Bevelle

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:43 am

Kat was preparing lunch for her and her father to take to the park since she knew they would spend the day together and they would need something to eat. When she looked out the window she saw a handsome guy walking on the street, he seemed to go to the temple. She kept looking at him when she noticed that he turned his head towards her and winked to her. Kat's face became red from embarrasment as she wasn't used to a stranger winking to her, and not only a stranger, but a good looking one. He was tall, and it was obvious he liked to work out a lot. Even though she was so embarrased she couldn't stop looking at him, he wasn't from Besaid, she was sure about that, so what he was looking for here?

She had to stop thinking about this stranger when she heard her fathers voice calling her. He was out of her's hut wanting her to hurry up and finally go out. Kat smiled when she closed the door and hugged him.

Father! I am glad you are here, I believe we can go now, but let's better go to the beach what do you think? at this time there shouldn't be many people there so we would be alone"

Last edited by Mia on Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silent Contemplation

Number of posts : 36
Character (Race) : Akuma Shinigami
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 am

Asuma looked down at her for a second. "Ok...Whatever you want. The beach is fine with me." As Asuma and Kat walked from the hut, Asuma noticed the two people walking up the steps to the temple. Normally he would pay no heed to the people walking up the temple steps. But today, was different. One was a Guado, someone who you wouldn't normally see walk into a small island like Besaid, just to go into the temple. He had no negative feelings for the guado, but he justs didn't have a good feeling. He dropped it, however, when Kat pulled at his arm to come on. As he turned around, she looked at him for a second, seeming like she was about to ask him something. But, she turned back around, pulling him toward the beach.

They walked past the forest, as the wind could be heard blowing through the branches, making them sway in the wind. As they passed the waterfall, all they had to do next would to be to walk into the beach. As they turned, they both walked over the bridge, into the beach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ffdiscussion.forummotion.com
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:14 am

Kat looked carefully at Asuma wanting to ask him what he was looking at, but in the end she just smiled and pulled him to the beach. She didn't want to lose time since she knew her father would think about her mother at the time they walked. The faster they were on the beach, the sooner she could show him her spells and entertain him a little, that would be for the best.

She didn't even notice when they got to the beach. She ran a little forward and turned around laughing at her father, then turned to the sea enjoying the breeze. She didn't go to the beach often, but everytime she went there she enjoyed it fully. While looking around Kat saw two strangers on the beach not that far away, one was a girl dressed like an Al Bhed, but she didn't have blonde hair. Suprised, she looked at Asuma.

"Father, I've noticed many strangers today, one was going to the temple and now these two. Don't you think it's strange? Anyway, with these questions of mine you won't see what I learned since I moved here so come, lets sit somewhere."

She pulled his arm again and walked closer to the water and sat down while waiting for her father. The two strangers weren't too far away from the spot she chosed since she was curious about who they were. Even then she was smiling kindly to her father. She was happy they could spend the time together.

Last edited by Mia on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamemonk0

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:50 pm

"Huff... hmm?" Erk turned around at the sound of his name, stopping his laborious trek up the steps.

The young man below him seemed to be calling him for some reason... well, if he wanted to talk to him, he could come up here. Erk certainly wasn't going back down these Yevon-forsaken steps! He waited at nearly the top of the steps with a strained semblance of patience.

The man's youth almost instantly set Erk on edge. Ever since he'd found his ears starting to fail, and his joints aching when it was about to rain, he had secretly begun to envy the youth, and their ability to engage in wanton foolishness seemingly with reckless abandon.

"And what would you like to talk about, sapling? You want to speak, then come up here, and speak clearly, this ear is a bit hard of hearing."

Last edited by gamemonk0 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tif

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Tif continued to float on the surface of the ocean's water. Shortly after, she swam back to the shallow waters of the beach and walked backed onto the marble sand and towards Mieli. On the way, she noticed a young woman and an older looking man close, but not too close, to Mieli. She payed no attention to them because they were none of her business, and it would be rather rude.

"Mieli, how long do you think Shinu will be in the temple? He isn't going to make us wait long, right?" Tif took a seat next to Mieli while putting back on her boots. "Maybe we should go to the village in a little while? I mean, it's not like we have much to do here, anyways."

&&

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:16 am

Shinu strained to keep a straight face, but definitely wanted to burst out in laughter. He could have sworn that this old man just called him a sapling! Seriously, what the hell IS a sapling? Shinu got a big kick out of that, he would be sure to share that one with Tiffany, she seemed like she would appreciate the humor in it. Mieli, eh, not so much. Suddenly this didn't look like such a swell idea anymore, the thought of perhaps relying on this old Guado seemed rather glum as he saw his age. Well, there have been some pretty athletic old folks, and maybe he had something else to offer, experience and travel. He seemed to be willingly visiting the temple as well, and that was where Shinu needed the most help. He ascended the rest of the steps in a light jog, hoping that this spontaneous idea would work out.

Hi Sir, my name is Shinu, it is a pleasure to meet you. I know you've probably seen and experienced more than I can dream of, but what I'm about to ask of you will be a first, I can promise you that.

He scratched the back of his head. He was quite sure how he should go about this, but honesty was the best way he figured. This old man was about to call him a crazy sapling for sure.

Well you see, I am a summoner. I must obtain the aeon from this temple to start my pilgrimage, but I don't have anyone that will go with me. Would you... would you be my guardian and accompany me into the cloister of trials. I know this is hard to believe, but you have nothing to lose! If I'm a fake, then you got to legally experience the inside of a cloister, and if I am for real, there is no greater way of doing Yevon's duty than helping my pilgrimage. What do you say?

Back to top Go down
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:57 am

Kat looked at the girl passing by but quickly looked away. She knew it wasn't nice to stare at people, that's what her mother tought her. She smiled at her father as she wanted to show him her magic.

"Father, you know how these spells should be, so if I am doing something wrong tell me."

She stood up and started casting few spells. First was Protection and then Full Life, Esuna and Shell. She was looking at her fathers reaction everytime the spell was finished. These spells she learned by herself when her mother was killed and Asuma didn't know what progress she made so far. She wanted to be the best in white magic so she could save people that were in need. That's why she was always practicing all day the same spells over and over again. It wasn't easy of course, but she got used to it.

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:01 am

"Shinu could be back before we get to the village, or it could be days before we see him again. In order for an apprentice to actually become a summoner he must show how his spirit can bring about the end of the fayth. I don't want to say the summoner is the tool of the fayth, but the fayth give the summoner his strength. They don't give out this power easily, so he'll be challenged. I think he has a strong spirit, but as a fayth, I suspect it would be difficult to fully understand his motives.

I'm sorry Tif, I had a bit of a bad flight coming over here so I needed sometime to clear my head. A walk through to town might be entertaining, that is if you can abstract pleasure from merely taking in nature for what it is.

There's two ways we can get to town, we can walk or we can swim."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tif

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:21 am

"Hooold on! He's going to become a summoner!? And how come I didn't know any of this? Well one thing is for sure, we're going down to that village and I'm going to give him a piece of my mind!"

Tif stood up with frustration. She was traveling with these people, and they trusted her, as she trusted them. And now Mieli was telling her this? Before she agreed to go on a little "adventure", it would have been nice to know that it was actually a PILGRAMAGE! Ugh! They sure have some nerve!

Tif ran down the path that exited the beach, the same path that Shinu took earlier that day when walking to the village. She completely ignored the beauty of the island and focused on finding Shinu at the village. He was going to get a mouthful from her! However, she never planned on leaving Shinu and Mieli. Along the way, she forgot that she left a hungover and possibly high Mieli back at the beach, as well as the two new strangers who were oddly suspicious about Mieli and Tif.

With boots stomping on hard ground, Tif slowed down her run to a jog. Just like at the beach, ancient ruins scattered Besaid, lieing restless. Roots from trees snaked around and wrapped themselves to the massive buildings. A giant waterfall splashed and sprayed mist behind a bridge, which gave guests a refreshing wash. There wasn't much else besides cliffs and mounds with plants growing to the max.

As Tif came out of the other end of the path and to a fork, she, of course, became confused about which path to take. She looked directly in the path to the right. Nothing. She then checked the one next to it, and to her luck, a village with a temple at the end stood proudly. She stood at the top of the hill looking down towards the village.

Seems a little quiet. But quiet or not, Shinu is there!!

She proceeded on her little quest to find Shinu.

&&

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:25 pm

"pant...pant

Damn Tif slow down."

Mieli finally made his way to the stop of the hill mindlessly chasing after Tif before she got to the temple. She seemed to slow down a bit when she was checking her direction, but then started running down the hill again when she knew where she was supposed to go.

"pant.........pant......Tif, wait just a damn minute!!!!!"

Thanks to Tif speeding off and Mieli screaming at her yards away the tandem called much more attention to themselves then either of them wanted on Besaid. Mieli didn't really care about the attention at this point, he just wanted to stop Tif from entering the temple for the priests get suspicious of Shinu and haul him out of the cloister trials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:34 pm

Erk suppressed the mad urge to cackle in the youth's face. After all, he was standing at the top of a rather. . . solid looking set of stairs, and the man was without a doubt completely daft. Actual summoner or fake, it mattered not. Who else would come to a old man huffing and puffing up a set of stairs for help?

"Are you now? And tell me..." Erk's eyes suddenly snapped into focus on the as-yet-nameless crazy's face. "How in the world do you think I can help you? What is the name of the Aeon in this temple? Where do the other temples lie? Where did Sin come from? Who was the previous summoner to bring about the Calm? Where Sin last defeated? Who is the Aeon at the Baaj temple?"

All these questions flew out in the span of a single, short breath, with quick force, and only a second and a half between for answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Shinu's heart began to drop. Maybe he would have to do it alone. He was stupid to think that he was going to get some random person to help him tackle the cloister. Before he headed in and begged the old man's pardon, he remembered his mother. He knew that being a summoner would make her so proud, and destiny was bigger than anything. Shinu was going to give one more honest try, and honest he would remain.

Sir, I can't answer any of your questions. I didn't even know that Sin was ever defeated, I don't even know if that was a trick question or not. I have no idea about any of this, but that is EXACTLY what I need from you. Look, I do not toy around with destiny, and it was Yu Yevon who gave me my destiny was it not? If you don't help me with these questions you know so well, you will be impeding the destiny that the fayth have set before me. Do you think it's merely a coincidence that I run into you here at this exact time? I, Shinu, newly made summoner with no knowledge of the temple. The only thing I lack is knowledge of the temples and our world, and you, you have that knowledge. It makes sense to me, but if you wish to impede the destinies created by the fayth, sir that is not up to me to decide.

Shinu eyed the man down, still didn't know his name, and he was asking him to be his guardian essentially. Of all the crazy things Shinu did, this was somewhere near the top. It was necessary, and Shinu was a man of progress. He could only hope and wait now, and that's exactly what he began to do.

Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Number of posts : 36
Character (Race) : Akuma Shinigami
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:59 pm

Asuma smiled, as Kat showed him the different spells she had learned. He nodded when she was done. "Good, good. Your Protection spell seems to be in full power, and so does Esuna. The shell had a few cracks in it, but overall it was really good. You've been doing great while I've been gone." He hugged Kat. "I'm proud of you, kat. Your doing great." He smiled again, as he remembered the spells. They were almost as good as her mothers when she had shown Asuma them a few years ago. Again, he heard the voice.

"Asuma...." "....Asuma"

He let go of Kat, looking around. His hand balled into a fist. who....is that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.ffdiscussion.forummotion.com
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:16 pm

Erk's hawkish eyes looked at Shinu (he still didn't have to look up at him because he was two steps above him) for another moment... and then inexplicably softened.

"Fool's got heart... still daft as a fish in a tree, but he's got heart." He thought. In truth, Erk was actually rather excited about this prospect, though he would never let anyone on, and he would probably complain about his age, the company, the surroundings, or any combination of those or others the entire way. It had been a long time since he had done anything of worth.

And let's face it: he was an old man. He'd seen the things he'd wanted to see, go the places he'd wanted to go, and done the things we'd wanted to do. He had nothing left to compel him, besides his faith. And what was this but an engine of his faith. So he would do this one last thing, and maybe he could go to the Farplain content.

So he would go with this crazy young man. But the sapling had no idea what he was getting into.

"Then let's go already. It's getting dark, and the cold seeps into these bones, and if that happens, you aren't moving me anywhere, Summoner or no." Without another look back, Erk shuffled out of the torch-smeared darkness behind into the ethereal gloom of the temple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Kat heard the Al Bhed girl shout something about summoner so she stoed focusing on her magic and looked at the strangers. The girl continued shouting for a while and then started running towards the village. She knew something was wrong, especially that this other stranger started running too. Kat ulled Asuma's arm worried.

"Father we need to stop them, if there really is a summoner he won't be able to get his aeon, come, please"

She runs back to the village ahead of Asuma, she knew a faster was to get to the village so she catched the girl and stopped her just before the village. She wanted to know what was wrong, and she wanted to help them, shouting wasn't the best way to help a summoner in their pilgramage.

"I am sorry, but what is going on? I mean, I've heard you say something about a summoner and... if it's true you shouldn't shout cause our priest may not let them get the aeon"

Last edited by Mia on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Time must have been crawling because Shinu was certain that he and the old Guado man were there for hours on end in a staring match. Shinu couldn't help but wonder what in the world he was thinking, but it had to be something along the lines of how foolish Shinu was. Much to Shinu's surprise, the old man actually agreed to be his guardian! This was remarkable, but Shinu knew that he had better get going and get into the cloister before he could change his mind.

Sir, I don't know how I'll ever repay you, but I'll try. You are right though, we should hurry.

Shinu hopped up the final two steps and walked past the brittle Guado. Shinu tried to be patient, but he was excited to get this done. Not only that, but there was no telling how long Tiffany would wait, she was an excited one. Shinu held the door open for the old man as they made their way across the temple lobby. Shinu greeted the priest and was allowed entrance into the temple, following the Guado up the stairs at a crawling pace. Every now and again Shinu would give him a helpful nudge up the stairs to quicken the process. As they entered the cloister, Shinu turned to his new guardian and laughingly asked.

Sir, I forgot to ask... what is your name? That could be beneficial, and any help in here would be nice.

Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:50 pm

"I've had many names over the years, but you may call me Erk. Now, let's hurry so I can go somewhere and sit. These sandals weren't meant for traipsing into damp basements." Erk threw open the cloister doors and entered with something between a shuffle and a stride.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jimi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Alright then Erk, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. I hope that you can hold up on our journey ahead. We have a long road ahead of us. Oh, I have two other guardians, neither of which is too fond of the temple, you'll meet them later. For now though, we should navigate this cloister.

As Shinu stood in the center of a room, three walls seemed blank and the one behind him was the way back out of the door. Not knowing what to do, Shinu figured a summoner or their guardians must be strong, so he tried to push in the eastern wall. He pushed every inch of it up and down and side to side, still no good.

Well Erk, that was the only plan I had in mind. Your turn!

Shinu was embarrassed, but he hoped that his excitement would be enough to keep Erk from walking back out of the cloisters.

Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:06 pm

Erk half-strode into the center of the room and looked around.

". . . there..." Erk pointed to a marking etched and faded into the wall.

Out loud, he said, "There, Shinu. Doesn't that seem slightly suspicious?" Erk made his way to it, and lightly traced it's design...

And it began to glow. Erk hurriedly began to back up as best as his bones and robes would allow. Then.... the wall began to fade.

"So the glyphs are the keys..." to Shinu again, "Keep a look out for designs resembling these. They're doubtless appear again, and are probably our path through the Cloister." Erk passed through the now vanished wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tif

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:07 pm

"Hi, I'm Tif, it's real nice to meet you, but I've got to find someone, and quick!" Tif was obviously faster than the other girl and ran around her. She passed through the gates and into the village. She shifted her run to fast-paced walk. She twisted and turned, looking for Shinu in every spot of the home to many. She stopped in the middle of a brownish-yellow circle. By now she knew Shinu was in the temple, and she didn't want to step inside because of a previous experience.

Tif sighed and looked at the ground as her fellow traveler and the strangers from the beach approched her.

&&

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:00 am

Mieli was feeling just a little bitter after having to chase Tif completely across Besaid. He finally caught up to Tif and caught his breath for a second before he shook his head back and forth and focused his disgustful glare at the ground near Tif's feet.

"What's so frightening Tif?"

Mieli sensed Tif was not pleased with him joking around with her and intuited what had just happened with a little bit more effort putting everything into context.

"I hope you don't feel decieved. I don't believe I lied to you as much as I simply didn't inform you. If you have questions, I've got more answers for you...but you're going to have to wait to ask me or deal with others knowing our business. I owe you that choice."

Mieli light up a new smoke in anticipation of dealing with an awful lot of impulses from many people around him. He just wanted to remove himself into a lonely nirvana where he wouldn't feel under so much pressure, but it wasn't his right to decide that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   

Back to top Go down

Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next