Spira's Forgotten Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spira's Forgotten Legends: The forgotten story of Spira's controversial heroes.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)

Go down 
+5
Silent Contemplation
Mia
AtLossForWords
Tif
Jimi
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 3:19 pm

As the group seemed split up a bit Mieli was somewhat concerned about why Shinu handled the situation the way he did.

"You're really collecting guardians recently."

Shinu knew there was more to it than that.

"Yeah and what else?"

He said this almost reluctantly.

"Do you really feel like you can trust all of these people? Tiffany seems fine, but she's been travelling with us for awhile and helped us out quite a bit. It makes sense for her to be a guardian. The priest and the theif bring concerns though. They don't like each other, and that's just the natrualism of the way things are, but both of them guardians. The thief's already stolen from an old crippled temple priest. He might accept being your guardian just to steal from you. You don't know much about him either, he could slit your throat for a nickel for all you know. The priest, well I never liked priests, but somehow I see him having other objectives than going on a pilgrimage. I have enough babysitting around here keeping you out of trouble. So if you want him to come along, don't expect me to hold his hand and carry him over Gagazet. Are you sure about these two? You can go back on your word. A summoner has the right to do whatever is best for his pilgrimage."
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Number of posts : 36
Character (Race) : Akuma Shinigami
Hometown : Bevelle
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Asuma's scowl remained still on his face, as did his hand on his naginata's end. But, a summoner is what the kid said he was. And so, he nodded, his scowl slowly going away. He aimed a glare at the man behind the summoner, the one who had stolen from the temple. His grip only tightened on his naginata as he looked at him. But, if he were going to make any sort of progress. He turned around, his hand now off his naginata's end. "A...summoner, you say...looks like...I don't really have a choice." He turned around quickly, his naginata in his hand. It was pointed past them all, to the man behind the summoner. "But if he...does anything more..." He left it at that, letting the sentence fester in his mind. He turned back around, tying the naginata's straps together so it hung back on his back. "Yevon's blessing...bullshit..." He said it low, and to himself. But, it was loud enough so that those around him could hear. He was really saying it to himself, rather than to the others behind him.

Asuma started walking, pushing the few large shrubs in front of him out of the way as he went back onto the main road. He walked towards the bridge, looking out to the shore. He still remembered the voice that he had heard last night, and earlier that morning. He ignored it for the time being, heading towards Kat's hut. His was much too small to accommodate this many people, and he would let Kat use his own hut for herself. He would have to ask her first, though. As he got closer to the village, he looked around for Kat, but didn't see her. He sighed, heading towards her hut, not looking back to see if the others were following. they made their way to Kat's home, and he turned around, finally looking back to see if they were following. He waited for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdiscussion.forummotion.com
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 426
Character (Race) : Tif (Al Bhed/Yevonite)
Hometown : Home

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 6:09 pm

Tif sighed. She began to make her way out of the area and back to the village. Everything seemed to be sorted out now, and if not, she didn't want to deal with all the drama. "Geez, these people seem so... Ugh! And those two from Besaid! What the hell!? It's our business, stay out of it!" As she continued to walk away, her ramblings on the new people flew on in Al Bhed.

Reaching the village, she passed Asuma, not saying a word, not looking at him. As she continued walking through the village, she dully sat herself on the temple steps where the party was before this whole mess happened. She placed her elbows on her knees and placed her chin between her hands and sighed, seeming a little disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 748
Character (Race) : Shinu (Human)
Hometown : Kilika
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:02 pm

As the party followed the grumpy middle aged man back to the village, Shinu strolled side by side with Mieli, knowing he was going to be questioned. It was fair, and if anyone was going to understand what Shinu was thinking, Mieli was the guy. It was understandable that he was concerned about Shinu's radical decision making as of late.

I definitely understand your concerns Mieli, I know it all seems crazy. I'll answer your question about trust first. I don't trust anyone but you so far, it's been that way for a long time. I like Tiffany, and I think we should keep her with us because she's got a good heart and she's fun to be around. Not to mention, as you said, she's been nothing but helpful.

Shinu looked up and down the path again and stared ahead to the grumpy old guy, wondering what he was really going to do with that weapon of his if the time came. He didn't seem to be in too bad of a shape for an older guy, probably in his forties or so. He seemed respectful towards the temples and resenting towards Yevon, not a bad line of thinking.

Erk, the Guado man, has also helped. He may not get along well with anyone in the group, but beating Sin is not about getting along, it's our job now. He provides a key service to the group in having knowledge and connections at the temples. I'm not asking you to baby sit him, he has to look out for himself like all guardians do.

As for the thief, I think he can prove his worth on the battlefield, call it a hunch. Besides, I want to keep him around long enough to kick his ass myself. Consider it a personal favor aside from this pilgrimage Mieli.

A heavy sigh escaped Shinu as they entered the village at last, though it wasn't really a long walk, it sure seemed that way.

I'm relying on self interest you know. It's the way I've always felt that things worked in our world that way. This may be my story, but everyone has their own individual story that they must seek to finish as best they can. I doubt that there are too many actions that we execute that do not ultimately trace back to our own benefiting ways. Now I do not trust them personally yet, but I do trust that they will act with self interest in mind, and that will ultimately help our cause. I'm banking on the stories eventually crossing and overlapping and ultimately furthering each one along more than what was originally possible. That's what I want, for my book to go far, far enough to see it's end.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to attend to my guardian for a moment. Go to where this man is taking us, make sure it's safe, make sure the Guado and thief don't kill each other. Give me just a few moments and I'll return to you. If you'll be so kind, please get the names and ages of these men who have become my guardians, and tell me when I get back. It's going to be a long journey Mieli, we're just getting started.

Shinu gave him a nod and made his way over to the temple, a little distance from the hut everyone was now entering. Tiffany was there, and obviously in a bit of distress. Shinu wasn't sure as to why, but he was hoping to find out.

Hey Tif. Pretty strange turn of events huh? Look, I apologize for not telling you I was a summoner, but truthfully, I wasn't a summoner until you saw me come out of the temple. I'd like two things from you Ms. Tiffany Kop, first, I'd like for you to become my guardian, and second, I'd like to know what's bothering you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm

Peacefully sitting down on the temple steps, the party once again made their way into the village, this time acting like normal human beings. As some of the others made their way into a hut, Shinu approached her and asked two things she knew would come sooner and not later.

"Well, sir, I would like to be your guardian." Seemingly, her answer for being a guardian came spontaneously. "As for your second concern... Um, I just left before everyone got on my nerves too soon. Hee hee..."

Everything seemed to be in the clear now, except she was not going to be taking these "new" guardians too lightly, though she would keep her natural "bitchiness" to a limit.

"Oh! And by the way, isn't there some kind of inn somewhere? I don't want to sleep in the same room with people I don't really know."
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 12:51 am

Shinu laughed just a little bit when Tiffany called him sir, and a large smile came across his face when Tif agreed to become his guardian. Of all the things that went on today, this was probably the best thing so far. Tiffany's skill set had yet to be proven, but having her around was nice, and probably meant that Shinu had a new friend. Everyone knows that friends are hard to come by, and Shinu just made a good one.

He couldn't respond before Tif moved on to the next subject, she wasn't short on conversationalist skills. This group certainly wasn't short on those who could talk their way out of trouble it seemed. Now she just made Shinu laugh, it turns out that even Ms. Sweet-Help-Anyone Tiffany had her irritability just like everyone else. She was too funny.

Everyone getting on your nerves huh? Sorry to hear that Tif, but maybe everyone will grow on you.

Shinu's cheeks were starting to hurt with laughter that he was trying so hard to suppress. He clutched his stomach one time and looked over at Tif. He got to his feet and then took her hand in his to help her up.

Come on Tif, maybe we can leave today get on a boat. I'll see to it that you have your own room or whatever it is you need. Haha, you crack me up. We need to find someone that doesn't annoy you.

Shinu gave Tif a light hug with one arm as they walked side by side back to the hut. Just when things started to look gloom, Tif went and made it better without trying. They finally entered the hut, and to Shinu's shock, the grump guy led them to the hut that belonged to that pretty girl cooking in the kitchen. He'd forgotten all about that. When things go right, they really go right for Shinu.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 2:41 am

Sitting, Tif noticed Shinu hold out his hand so he could help her up. Tif, though, had other plans about getting off her butt. So instead, she positioned her legs and sprung up like a water spout. "Thanks for the offer, anyways."

"And about the boat... I think that would be great! I've have enough of Besaid for now." With that, Tif gave Shinu a grin as he swung one arm over her and gave her a light hug. After Shinu made a move, he lead her to a small hut, which belonged to the girl she had met earlier that day, Kat.

"Heeeey, do you know where we are? This seems like somebody elses home! Which I am sure they'll be angry if they find us in here!" The inside of the hut was very well-kept and clean, and it had a touch of girly-ness, in which Tif thought did belong to a woman.

Going aginst her own words, she approached a small table with a mound of fruit inside. Being hungry, she grabbed a green pear and hungrily bit into it. "Mmm! Hey, Shinu! This is good!" Tif continued to take bites of the sweet and juicy fruit while standing inside the small hut with Shinu.
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

Female Number of posts : 360
Character (Race) : Kat, Human

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:01 am

Kat looked at Axel smiling as he was eating, his father did good teaching him how to survive and that's why she was sure that his father was still alive too. Even though he seemed scared at first he opened up to her and that was a relief for her. The only thing that Kat was worrying about was if he won't get scared of the summoner.

"Axel, I need to see if summoner is here already, don't worry I am not going anywhere, I just need to open the door."

She smiled at him ready to go to the door when she heard footsteps. Not long after to the hut came Asuma and other people who seemed like guardians to her. Then after a while entered an Al Bhed girl and the summoner. Kats face turned red, but she quickly turned around and walked to Axel. She knew he could be scared seeing so many people in her hut. To calm him down she rest her hand on his shoulder and smiled softly.

"This are guardians Axel. They make sure no one will hurt the summoner while he's on the pilgrimage."

Then she smiled at her father avoiding Shinu's eyes.

"Father, I am glad you are here, I believe they are hungry right? I'll make something then. I am glad you like the fruits Tif. You can take all of them if you want."

Kat smiled kindly looking at Tif. She turned around and started preparing food for the summoner and his guardians. Her cheeks were burning hot and she was aware that her face was red from embarassment. She couldn't just run away and she knew it, these people needed help and so Axel did. When the food was ready she stood behind Axel inviting them to eat.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 4:28 pm

When Shinu entered the hut he could see that some of the people were a bit uneasy around each other, and that was fine, he imagined that would happen so it wasn't a big concern. Food was a concern however, and Shinu was hungry as usual. While the food was being prepared he mostly walked around the hut, checking things out and making sure to walk past the girl every so often. He took the time to learn a few names and make sure that everyone knew his so that he could get that out of the way.

He had two final things to address though before he could finally take a break. First he walked over to the girl who was nice enough to take in his party and feed them. She was still cooking when he reached her, so he didn't want to take up too much of her time. She was considerably shorter than him, so he had to lean down to whisper in her ear.

Thanks for the hospitality. I'll have to find a way to repay you in private.

With that, he walked off to thank the man who led them to the hut and gave him a hand shake and thank him again. Something caught his eye when he did though, and there was a little boy waiting out back seemed to be shying away from everyone. Shinu was fond of kids, and always seemed to be pretty good with the young boys of the town who looked up to him. He went to him gave him a wave, but before he could talk to him, the food was ready.

We'll talk soon little buddy, let's eat!

Shinu gathered his food and popped a squat on the floor to begin to devour his food like he'd done so many times. The food was tasty, and maybe very slightly even reminded him of his mother's food.

Hey this is great! Thanks again for all the help.
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 5:12 pm

While Kat was cooking she heard Shinu tell her about repaying her in privet. That shocked her and her hands were shaking, but she calmed down after a bit thinking that she have to help Axel. That's why she was waiting for Shinu to finish eating before talking with him. Kat turned to her father though.

"Father, this is Axel. I found him while looking after you. He's homeless and we need to find his father. It can be hard without Shinu though, he's a summoner..."

She was talking quietly so no one except Asuma would hear her. She wasn't so comfortable with so many people at her hut, but she wanted to help them that's why she was smiling at them kindly.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:03 pm

After Shinu ditched Mieli with more duty, Mieli felt the best way to fulfill it was to keep his watchful eye open and his ears listening. He knew that whether he liked it or not he was going to be travelling with more people more guardians. Mieli could get along with others, but getting along with those who lectured him or those who he feels he could have easily cleaved was an art of social skills he just didn't have. Mieli made his enemies, Mieli held grudges, and Mieli never lost an ongoing battle. He wasn't about to knife the theif and priest in the back, but he wasn't going to take any of their shit. They were both on thin ice in Mieli's mind, and he will be underneath that ice when it breaks. Until then, Mieli and more importantly Shinu will take advantage of what they have to offer.

Mieli kept his eyes open and ears listening while he had a smoke leaning up against the village wall. He seemed to be eyeing the theif, just watching him, watching what he's doing. Who's he's talking to and listening to what he's talking about.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:53 pm

Asuma turned to Kat, who tried to talk to him. He had seen the boy in the back of the hut, but had kept to himself about it because he looked a little scared. As Kat said that she had found him, he sighed. Another one who was brought here by Sin, probably. He looked down at her, after looking behind her at the kid. "He's probably.... another..... Sin survivor. Have you...talked...to him?" He again looked behind her at Axel, wondering or not if he could even remember what had happened. How he had been separated from his father, at least. "But...we will help him...if he is really...a Sin survivor...then...." He stopped there, not knowing what to say. All he could do was try to help. But, that's only if the boy's father was still alive.

He noticed that she was a little reserved. Probably because of all the people there. "Kat...you can stay...in my hut if you want. Mine was...too small for all these....guests....." He said guests loosely. A summoner on his pilgrimage asking for some place to stay. He didn't really have a choice in the matter. But...he had other reasons for letting them come, as well...those would be brought to their attention, later.
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:28 pm

Erk was nowhere to be found in the hut that all of them were crammed into. In retrospect, no one could remember actually seeing him walk into the hut.

Erk's robes whipped back and forth in the dawn breeze as he stood watching the sunrise. The crisp air chilled his bones and stiffened his aging joints, but he ignored it for the time being. He was lost in his trance. He felt nothing, not the cold, nor the protestations of his joints and his stomach. There was nothing but the path.

The path forward. The way across the trackless plain that was life. He would walk the plain, and he would carve a new path.

It had been long since he had done something like this. Lately, it had seemed that his life held little purpose. He was an old, decrepit man. His eyes were failing, and he found it difficult to hear. He couldn't run for very long, and marching exhausted him. It seemed for a while that his legacy in the world would be little more than what he breathed onto parchment and mapped onto vellum. But now....

The world was changing. He could feel it in his bones. And not only was he alive to witness it, now, he seemed to be a part of it. He could see the world as if looking down from the heavens. The world turned around the pin of fate, and he could see the pin. It was this man, this summoner. This.... Shinu, and everyone around him. These were the men that would shape the world, the harbingers of the future. All that would come was determined by their failure or success.

And Erk would play his part. This frail old Guado would leave his mark on the world, for good or ill, he had yet to see.
Back to top Go down
apzrman

apzrman

Male Number of posts : 86
Character (Race) : Marinus (Human)
Hometown : Luca

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 12:13 am

There was suddenly lots of people inside the hut. Axel had kept to himself, hiding behind Kat a few times. A young man came over to Axel and waved at him. Axel was wondering if this was the summoner or not. Either way, Axel didn’t respond to him, he was a little nervous around so many people.

“We'll talk soon little buddy”

Axel didn’t move from where he was sitting when the food was being served. He had already eaten was full. He was thinking to himself about the summoner. He looked quite young to be a summoner, not what he had in mind. One thing for sure was that he was friendly, so he might be able to find Axel’s dad.

He also thought about all the other people in the hut. There was a young woman, she seemed friendly as well. But the other two, both men, looked mean. The first one looked as if he had a very bad day, the other, didn’t look like anyone he had seen before. Axel didn’t want to talk to either of these two men.
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 3:24 pm

Kat looked at the boy sadly.

"Yes, it's cause of Sin, I am impressed that he managed to survive for so long, but there is one problem, he's scared so he may not want to talk with anyone right now... I am glad he opened up to me."

She smiled warmly at Axel, he was looking at the new guests and he seemed lost. She wanted to make him more comfortable but she couldn't if he didn't know who all they are. Kat sat down waiting for Shinu to finish eating so she could talk with him. She was impressed how much he ate, that was a good thing cause she knew that her food was good enough for a summoner. As she talked her voice was trembling a little but with time she overcame it. It was important for her to explain the situation of Axel as well as she could so they could help him.

"I am sorry summoner, but I have to ask you for a favour. You see, this boy, Axel, lost his father and I would like to help him find him. The problem is that I don't know how to do it and I don't know where to even start searching so it would be hard for me to do so. All I know is that Axel's father is not in Besaid anymore and that this boy is really brave to survive alone for so long. I am not sure if this is what summoner is doing, but I would be glad if you helped him."

When she finished she looked at the table embarassment and took a deep breath, she looked at him after that waiting for his answer. Kat was hoping that that would be enough to make him agree, but since he remained silent for a while her hopes started fading away.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 6:13 pm

Shinu smiled as Kat made her case for him to take care of the boy's problem and find his father. She must have been nervous, because Shinu didn't remember her pausing to take a breath when when was trying to get all of her ideas out. She was pretty, but even she wasn't going to be pretty enough to be Shinu's type with all that shyness. Still, Shinu would be crazy not to try to keep another pretty face around, not to mention one so nice with the ability to cook. When she was done, he sat and watched her for a bit, and made sure to take note that he would handle some public speaking for her if need be.

Come on outside with the boy, we'll have a talk.

He made his way out the back of the hut and motioned for the boy to come. He hesitated until Kat came first, and probably only came because he'd rather be out there with her as opposed to in there alone with all those strangers. He popped another squat and just sat on the ground thinking for a bit. He knew that Mieli wasn't going to be excited about this newest idea too much, but once again, Shinu had to just rely on his instincts and hope that Mieli understood.

Well Axel, my name is Shinu, and I am indeed a summoner. I hear your daddy is missing, and I believe that I have an idea as to where he can be. Now I can't tell you that getting there will be easy because it's not. I'm on a pilgrimage to defeat Sin, and my guardians and I are going to be in a lot of danger. You are coming with us until we reach Luca though, Kat is coming too!

Shinu sent an arrogant smile her way because he knew that she'd be stunned by his large proclamation. He seemed to be making a new habit of making people offers that they can not refuse due to their previous actions. She seemed like one of those really pure types, and he wanted to find out how pure when it came to doing her part in what she said she really wanted for the boy.

You see Axel, Kat is my guardian, so she is going to take care of me. As my guardian, she has to take care of you too, because you are my new friend. Does that sound good? We'll be in Luca to try and find your father really soon! Now, let's get back inside so that Kat can get some of her stuff ready, and I have to go visit the temple.

With a smile and a bit of a chuckle, Shinu walked back in the hut. He grabbed the gil that was stolen from the temple and sadly began to walk back to the temple. He wasn't in the mood to receive praise and thanks, so he intended on just leaving the gil outside of the temple and knocking, but that didn't seem like too smart of a plan given the fact that it could be stolen so easily. Instead he entered the temple and placed the gil outside of the eastern chamber and knocked hard on the door before he sprinted back out of the temple. It was strange, but he really didn't feel like being at the temple any longer than he had to.

PSSSSST!!!!

Shinu stopped suddenly when he heard a loud whisper off to his right. He started to head that way to see what was going on. Besaid sure was a much stranger place than he thought it would be. He pushed through some large leaves on a tree and found a man out back with three treasure chests.

Hey man, I got some of the best blow in Spira, top quality guaranteed.

Now this was interesting, and could prove more beneficial to the trip than a new summoner. Shinu didn't smoke, but he sure as hell knew someone who would appreciate this more than an aeon.

I'm sorry man, I'm just a summoner and I don't have any currency on me you know? Sure sounds nice though. May Yevon be with you...

Hey! No don't say that man. I didn't know you were a summoner, I'm sorry. That's pretty kick ass that you puff like us common Spirans though! Man, if you smoke some of my shit, that would be like, the most radical thing ever!

Shinu eyed this broke looking man up and down. Just some hippie trying to make a living the best way he knew how. Shinu felt bad that he wouldn't exactly give him the honor he was looking for, but having a guardian fill the honor was the next best thing anyways.

Alright man, that sounds like a plan. I'm in a bit of a rush though, so I'll just take some of this out of that left chest and run.

No words came out of the eager man's mouth, probably out of astonishment and excitement. He hurriedly put some of his weed in a zip lock bag and handed it to Shinu with a smile.

Thank you man, you have a good one and take care of yourself.

Again, Shinu caught a light jog, thinking his was never going to get off of this island. Kilika was in sight, and now past just his tiredness from Besaid, he wanted to see home. He wanted to sleep in his own bed, and most of all, see his mother.

On top of all of that, the fatigue was coming back to him. He'd been pushing it aside, but since he got Valefor, he wasn't exactly in the best shape. His energy was running short, so he'd need to rest soon. He wasn't going to be able to do that soon, but he hoped things would turn around. For now, he made it back to the hut to see how Kat took his unconventionally offered proposal.
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 7:19 pm

When Kat heard that Shinu asked her and Axel go out she was really suprised but she did as he told her, she looked at Axel and smiled warmly taking his hand as they were out the hut. It shocked her what this new summoner said not even letting her decide if she wanted to be his guardian or not. Even though she knew she had to do it sor the sake of Axel, the only problem was what would her father say.

After Shinu went to the temple, she still a little bit shocked walked to the hut and sat down on a chair not knowing what to do and how to explain everything to Asuma. She looked at Axel an then at her father and let out a shy sight.

"Father, I talked with the summoner, he will help Axel but... I have to be his guardian. I acctually have no other choice but to do that. I'll better get ready to go."

As she stood up and walked to her room it was obvious she was a little scared of travelling. She already lived alone, but this was different. It was a pilgrimage. She took some things she knew she would need on the way to the different places of Spira and walked back to the kitchen where she saw Shinu obviously wanting to see her expresion. She walked to Axel and like always smiled at him kindly. That was the same smile her father was used to see when she was talking with him. This time she didn't wanted to look at neither Asuma or Shinu so she started asking Axel if he likes fruits she she could take some for the trip.

Kat knew that she couldn't keep that for long so she looked at the summoner with a decision she made.

"I have no other way just to go with you, but I want my father to come along. He may be more of help to you and your pilgrimage than me, so he won't be bothering you."

She looked at Asuma hoping he will agree. She knew he would be scared to let her go alone since her mother died helping others, and Kat was hoping that this would help him just let it go. He had to do something else to finally let go of er mother and let her rest in peace. This was the best way to do it.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 7:37 pm

Mieli was getting a little restless. He was somewhat of an insomniac and with all of these new characters surrounding him he was getting a little bit nervous. It was very late at night and everyone was sleeping in one hut or another.

Mieli decided he'd best take a walk to the island shore and arrange some transportation to Kilika, the next temple site and Shinu's hometown. The walk would take him hours and he wanted to be the first one to make his arrangements when the dock opened with the sailor he felt most comfortable with. Mieli was someone who always wants to be comfortable with whoever he has to entrust his fate to. If he felt the least bit of anxiety he'd be likely to call everything off until he's comfortable again, that is only if he could find an arrangement that would make him more comfortable.

Mieli was passing past the ancient machina structure near Besaid falls where he ran into a small conflict. A wild fang and giant Zuu vulture just happened to be right in his way. Looks like it was time for a little two on one.

Both of the enemies were a little swifter than Mieli would usually like to fight, but it was a fight born out of necessity.

The fang made the first move, he darted in at Mieli but missed the bite on his shin he was going for. Mieli thought this would be a good moment for a good hard sword slash, he sweeped his blade laterally across the ground, but the fang was quick enough to leap over it. Mieli was left in a vulnerable position and the fang hopped to his chest.

The fang knocked Mieli over and tried to take a bite out of his chest. Mieli's body armor was strong enough to guard against the attack completely. He then smashed the bottom handle of his sword into the fang's head. The fang got hit hard with the first blow and passed out.

The Zuu wasn't going to be so passive it blew a sonic boom towards Mieli knocking the fang off of Mieli and tossed Mieli back further from the machina ruins. The zuu flew to the top of the ruins. Mieli made another charge back to the unconscious fang. He flipped his grip and stabbed his blade directly into the fang's spine it was dead. Mieli could have very well cut straight into the ground with the force of his sword.

Now it was time for the Zuu. The big ugly vulture made its way back down to ground level and confronted Mieli again. Mieli decide to be the aggressor this time. He took a vertical swing at the Zuu, but he was far too grounded to hit the big bad vulture and missed. The Zuu struck back with a wing slap and knocked Mieli off balance. The vulture's speed was far better than Mieli's and he took the chance for a follow up attack using its sonic wings to knock Mieli over the fence of the Besaid Falls walkpath.

"Fuck..."

Mieli looked down, nothing but rocks and water. He had to think of a way to get back up, but if all it meant was being hit with a sonic wings sonic boom he might as well just hold on to the fence post awhile longer until morning.

"Gloves rock, at least I can hang here for awhile."

The Zuu finally turned its back on Mieli. The crafty swordsman slipped his sword to his feet where he latched onto it with his boots. He dropped the sword as far as it could go to its handle and extended his arms fully. If he fucked up, he lost his blade, if he succeeded he would kill the Zuu and travel off on his merry way to the dock at the shore.

Mieli swung himself upward and lauched himself in the air. He was heading head to beak with the Zuu, but before they collided Mieli took a nosedive and then fliped his feet forward sword following. He slashed right through the big bad vulture and landed face up. His sword was knocked loose as he was finishing his strike on the Zuu and now was on its way down on top of Mieli's face.

"Fuck....me..."

Mieli rolled out of the way and the sword stuck the ground right beside his head.

Mieli won! He struck his victory pose of tossing his sword up in the air and having it land straight into his sheath on his back and walked off towards the docks.

It was seven am and the captains had just opened for business.

Mieli saw a boatsman and inquired about his service. Unfortunatey this particular crewcheif was heading to the Guadosalam area which was far out of the way.

The next captain Mieli found was was heading to Kilika. They chatted for a moment, but Mieli got the feeling this seafaerer was a tad crooked. He didn't sail often, but he had the biggest boat in the harbor. Mieli suspected some thievery was his style and didn't want to give the party's new thief some "honor amongst thieves" scenario.

The last captain was heading to Kilika too. He didn't speak very well, but he could communicate he was going to Kilika, he could take a full party, but he didn't understand he was carrying a summoner. Mieli figured that was for the better and he never liked people knowing his business anyway. He arranged to leave only hours from now and he was about to head back to Besaid and get the others ready to go. He'd pour cold water over each one of them except Erk to get them to leave on time. He figured the old man would loosen up better with some hot water to limber up his decrepit joints.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 9:19 pm

Asuma looked over to Kat, as she pleaded her case, well, the boy's case to Shinu. He saw as well the talk Shinu had with the boy, as well as saying that Kat would be his guardian. That, was the worst thing he could've heard. When he heard that, all he could do was stare into the space in front of him. Kat being a guardian...the imminent danger it held, and the almost certain suicide that was the job of a guardian. If it were his choice, he would've just told her no. That she wasn't ready. But, something inside him stopped him. She was well past the years of her innocent life, where she would need to be protected by her father, led along by his guidance. No, she was grown and ready to be on her own. It was time that he let her make her own decisions.

And...it was time for him to make one as well. As he stood there, he thought of what he could do. Thinking about what could happen, what would probably happen, and what would happen. None of it seemed good to him. But...then he thought of his wife. And of Kat. They were so alike, and yet he thought they were so different. And now, he had to move on from the past. From the heartache. From the pain. To live in a way that he knew his wife would want him to. And then, he knew what to do. He looked at Kat, as she brought him out of his trance. As she asked for him, he stepped forward, looking over at Shinu. "I would....like to be one...of your...guardians...Shinu..." He looked down at Kat, and smiled. This one, unlike most of his others, was the real thing. He smiled to hide the pain, and to mask what he was really feeling. But, for once in his life, he actually felt...happy. He reached down, pulling Kat into a tight hug. "Thank you...Kat..." As he let go of her, he smiled again, turning around. He would need to go to his hut, to get his things ready that he would need. "I'll be back....shortly..." He walked past Shinu and the others, making his way to his hut. As he made his way in, he set down his naginata. Looking at it for a moment, he sighed. It was broken, rusty, and used to the point where the blade was dull. He knew he would need a new one sooner or later. And now, was the best time to get one. The one he had been saving.

Before his wife had died, she had gotten him another naginata, as a present. She had spent all her money on it, and had waited for Asuma's birthday to give it to him. It had only been a few days after that that Sin had attacked. And so, he had kept it in the case she had gotten it in, making sure to not let it rust. He hadn't touched it ever since he came to Besaid, and he hoped that it wasn't rusty. He moved through a few things, until he got to a large case. Opening it, he pulled out a longer naginata, black in color, with a long, katana sized blade. He pulled on the part under the blade, and it came apart, into a katana and pole. Asuma sheathed the katana, putting it back on the pole, making it a regular naginata again. He looked around the hut, grabbing a few more items he knew he would need. He walked back to the hut, after the sun had already set. He decided to spend the last night there in his own home, letting Kat tend to herself. He knew by now that everyone else had gone to sleep, so he went back into his hut, laying on his bed. He laid there for a moment, thinking of what had happened the whole day. As he fell asleep, he thought of what was to come.
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Erk hadn't gone to bed, as the others had. He was in the exact same spot that he had occupied for several hours, looking without seeing across the waters shimmering in the vague promise of dawn's faint light. The hour to leave this shore came soon, this he knew. He could feel it.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 4:41 am

It seemed that Shinu was correct in thinking that he made the cute girl an offer that she couldn't refuse because she accepted his offer to become a guardian. The news didn't come without a little added baggage in the form of the grumpy old man. Well, how bad could it be? He did catch up to them, so he had to be in at least decent shape and she seemed to think that he was going to be helpful. This didn't help him much, only made him wonder if she was just a kind heart and a pretty face. That was great, but if she was going to be a guardian she'd have to be capable of at least something in battle. Oh well, it's not like he was perfect yet, he'd have to give her a chance.

Alright, I'll be honored to have you both. The more the merrier! I think we're quite merry enough for now though.

Shinu laughed to himself at his own joke and recognized that no one else laughed. He quickly deposited that joke into his vault for jokes to not try to use twice. With that he decided that it was about time to rest, because unlike some of these night owls, he needed to sleep. Lying on the ground was so much more comfortable when you are completely fatigued from a long day. He was put to the test mentally in the cloister and physically in the chamber of the fayth and that was enough to wear him out. Much to his dismay, he had to sleep out in the living room with Nick while Kat got the bedroom and Tif got the guest room. Sleeping with either one of them would be nice, but he could tell that he had a long way to go before that could happen.

When dawn fell upon Spira and its newly born light shone upon Shinu's face through the window, he allowed his right eye to crack open a bit, crinkling his left brow as he let out a sigh of relief seeing that Nick was still there and didn't rob anyone. Shinu wasn't actually too sure as to why he didn't. Maybe he was not in the mood to be caught by one of Shinu's many guardians, or he actually found it beneficial to be a guardian himself. It certainly had its perks, Shinu was seeing the perks of being a summoner, that was for sure.

He gave Nick and nudge and rolled over to get up from his knees. He was pretty upset that he still didn't feel rested at all. His body was feeling worse in all actuality. He had better keep moving though, maybe the island was cursed. Yeah, he would convince himself that was it.

Come on Nick, we have to keep going.

Shinu opened front door and let Nick out first, only to see that her Tif, Kat, Erk, Axel, and Asuma were all outside ready to leave before them.

Well then, I don't suppose we should be holding yall up any longer. Let's get going!

Shinu already figured that Mieli would be the one to walk ahead and get the transportation out of anxiousness and making sure to take the necessary precautions.
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:23 am

It was late and Kat could see that Axel was falling asleep. She took his hand and walked with him to her bedroom letting him rest on her bed. She smiled as he felt asleep almost at the time his head touched the pillow. She covered him and went to the kitchen to make sure everybody will go to sleep. Tif went to the guest room, Shinu and Nick in the living room since they thought that Axel would be scared if he woke up and Kat wasn't there and instead of her he saw just two guys he didn't knew so well. Later Kat went to her bed and hugged Axel softly knowing that her father would sleep in his hut, but she wasn't sure what about other two guardians. They weren't there so she could do nothing about them.

In the morning she was the first one to wake up so she prepared something to eat so they could have breakfast later and then Tif joined her. It seemed that Axel woke up hearing noises comming from the kitchen cause he woke up too and hid behind Kat. When everything was ready Kat Tif and Axel went out the hut where they met Erk and Asuma. Not long after Shinu and Nick came out the hut. Kat blushed when she looked at the summoner but then she started wondering why he seemed so tired. All she could do was to hope that it wasn't cause of sleeping in the living room.

They weren't waiting for Mieli to join them when they started walking towards the beach. Looking at Shinu, Kat was sure that they would meet with Mieli there so she didn't say anything. Axel was always besides her full of hopes that soon he would see his father.

not long after they started they reached the beach and saw Mieli waiting for them, he didn't seem too happy to see Kat, Asuma and even more Axel together with Shinu, but he knew he could do nothing about it.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Shinu tiredly walked up to Mieli who was waiting on him so they could dock the ship. There was no doubt that he was going to want to know why Kat, Asuma, and the little boy Axel were in his company now, and Shinu knew better than to with hold information from him.

Well, I got a few more guardians. I needed another girl around man, this is a long journey, and she says the man is capable, so what can it hurt. If anything, he'll take some of that baby sitting off your hands and you'll just have to worry about me.

He smiled to Mieli, knowing this still wasn't going to make him happier about it. He simply boarded the ship and found an empty corridor with an actual bed that he could lay on, a much welcome sight. He was still not prepared to tell anyone that he was feeling badly, he wanted to keep the mood cheery while they were still getting to know each other. It didn't take too long before he was out cold again, he was going to have to figure something out or he'd never make it to Zanarkand.
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Erk shuffled down the paneled corridor and turned into an open door. It didn't matter to him if it was someone's room or not. He slammed the door shut behind him, and turned to the bed... It seemed to be calling to him, and his weary bones....

Instead, he strode across the room and dumped himself unceremoniously into an armchair and sunk down into it's plush depths. Sighing deeply, he rubbed his eyes. He was dead tired. His night-long vigil had taken a lot out of his aged body, and he desperately needed to rest...

But he couldn't. The dreams... ever since that summoner had come, the dreams had become so forceful. So powerful of late... Erk didn't think he could bear to face them again. So he sat in his armchair, awake with the help of the strongest hard coffee he could brew himself in his room, as the moon flew by his porthole.
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 8:25 am

Kat looked at Shinu went on board. He seemed so weak, something was wrong and she knew it. When she saw him for the first time he was strong, but after he went out that temple everything changed, he was getting weaker and weaker. Now she knew it wasn't her fault cause he was like this since he got his aeon. She smiled at Axel and walked with him to the ship after Erk. He found his room and stayed there. Kat knew she had to find Shinu's room and maybe try to heal him, there was one problem though. Where to leave Axel? She wasn't sure if it was a good idea to let him see a summoner that is supposed to help him so weak. In the end she found a room where she would stay and left Axel there letting him eat his breakfast and saying that she had to bring food to Shinu.

It wasn't hard to find Shinu's room, he was so tired that he choosed the first room there was. She knocked the door and walked in blushing. He was on his bed with eyes closed, but she knew he wasn't sleeping. Kat took a deep breath waling over to him and said with soft voice:

"I am sorry summoner, but since you went out the temple you seem to get out of energy really quick. I am sorry, I know I should stay away from others problems but... you may need help. I will try to heal you if you'll agree. You know... I am a white mage, I know few good spells."

She was embarassed to talk about herself being a white mage, but she was hoping that this way he would agree to be healed. All Shinu did was to nod at her to heal him and give her a small smile. Kat blushed more and cast Curaga hoping that it was enough. When the spell was over she looked at him hopefully. She was still kneeling down on the ground ready to cast another healing spell if this one wasn't enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spira's Forgotten Legends :: Southern Spira :: Besaid Island-
Jump to: