Spira's Forgotten Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spira's Forgotten Legends: The forgotten story of Spira's controversial heroes.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 748
Character (Race) : Shinu (Human)
Hometown : Kilika
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) Empty
PostSubject: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 8:42 pm

The relaxation let Shinu lay down his gaurd as the gentle white light continued to sustain his weight. The only thing he had control of was his mind, and he began to think of some reasonable explanations for what happened. Even his creative mind couldn't wrap his mind around what was going on, and before he could get any closer to understanding, he felt free. Free was of course follwed by a powerful thud as he slammed into the ground back first. He let out a small exasperation as he was not prepared for the impact. He cringed and rolled up on his butt while looking up at Mieli who had convineintly landed on his feet.

Wow, you really stuck the landing.

It was hot, really hot. The fine beads of sand were sticking to the back of Shinu's bare arm as the humidity took it's toll. Looking around there was nothing but endless sands. Where there was sand, there was water right? Wrong. At least not in Shinu's view. He looked behind him and thought he might have seen a small oasis, but he shook it off as nothing more than a mirage. For a second he felt closed in by the mounds upon mounds of sand dunes. Mieli didn't seem worried, and now it was time for Shinu to get some answers.

Ok, so this is Bikanel, I think I have that much figured out. I don't even need to know how we got here Mieli, that can be for another time. What I would like to know is, why are we here? Better yet, what are we going to do now?

Shinu really felt as if he'd done well keeping his cool so far, and indeed he had. He was working on asking all the right questions. These two questions weren't bad, they just weren't the right question. When he got to that point, he'd be in for a rude awakening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 426
Character (Race) : Tif (Al Bhed/Yevonite)
Hometown : Home
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:53 pm

Note** The Al Bhed language will be colored in Orange!
--------------
Stomp.

An unknown figure stepped upon a cement base.

Stomp, stomp.

The day was hotter than usual. Fiends were on the prowl. The sound of metal clinging aginst itself filled the air.

Stomp, stomp, sto-...

"Tif! This area is strictly off limits! You know better than that!"

"Ugh, yeah, yeah..." said a young girl, who goes by the name 'Tif', who was walking around a place of construction. A place that would be called Home. A place where the Al Bhed race could live their lives peacefully in Spira.

The Al Bhed do not believe in the teachings of Yevon, and for that, they have been shunned by the residents of Spira. Home was the place to be when the outside world was too much to cope with.

Tif, however, was different. Her mother is a priestess of Yevon, her father an Al Bhed. She never could call herself a Yevonite or an Al Bhed, because she wasn't. Tif lived with her father amongst the other Al Bhed, while her mother lived in the great city of Bevelle, the base of Yevon.

Deciding she spent too much time at Home, she headed out for the desert. She wanted to go to her favorite spot that none of the other Al Bhed new about - that special place was the oasis.

While walking, Tif looked up at the clear, blue sky. She stopped and took a very large breath. She looked at her surroundings, seeing signs written in Al Bhed and the remains of a great city that was destroyed by Sin that were slowly being eaten by the desert sands.

Soon after, she continued on her little quest.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 am

"Bikanel Desert...Bikanel Desert...damnit, of all places why do I have to be stuck in Bikanel Desert? It is always so hot here. I hate this stick and sweat. I could change all my clothes every five minutes and still feel swampy and stinky. This weather is so bad for the body."

Mieli looked over yonder with his hand shielding his eyes from the sun.

"At least I have these."

Mieli reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a pair of sunglasses. His retinas were always important to him, and he wasn't going to let sunshine take his eyes away so effortlessly. Feeling the heat, he tossed his leather jacket on the ground. This made him feel a little scrawny with nothing covering his arms but the short sleeves on his red camo shirt, but cooling off was literally more important than figuratively being cool at this point.

"You're right. We are in fact in Bikanel Island. Unlike Yevonites, I have nothing against the people here, but the heat makes me feel like we're actually on the island closest to hell.

Why are we here? Well, every story has a setting and part of your story takes place here. I don't know of a single story that has only survived with a climax, so like the others you'll have to make it through your introduction and rising action.

Philosophically though Shinu, if you are an accute enough of a thinker to understand purposive causality, you'll know that we are here, because we must do something that cannot be done anywhere else. This definately means that our first goal is to acquire some of the finest cigarettes Spira has to offer.

I hear that the Al Bhed here on Bikanel have begun to do very well with their technology including the field of tobacco irrigation. It is suprising that a desert has become the place to grow cigarettes which yield a smooth yet solid drag.

There doesn't seem to me much glory to get here, but I know I can't continue without some of the Al Bhed Camels."
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 4:07 am

As much as Shinu felt that he was misunderstood by many, he knew full well that Mieli was misunderstood. Perhaps all the black and the long hair with that stoic face of his didn't do him any favors, but most people took Mieli to be pretty antisocial and quiet. The thought of it made Shinu laugh. Mieli was always full of philosophy and never short on jokes for Shinu. This newest example was more than enough to convince Shinu that people must be crazy to think Mieli was shy or anything close. He asked him two questions and felt like he'd just been given a lesson. Shinu didn't mind, he took in everything Mieli said, even the stuff he could do nothing with. This time however, he was in a bit of a fragile state and had no clue what was going on, and the best Mieli could do for him was tell him that they were here to get the finest Al Bhed camels so he could harm his body. Great.

Well, alright, I guess we should go get what we came here for.

After a long pause, and a valiant attempt to cool off, Shinu gave up. The sun was beating on him, his questions weren't answered, and he didn't know what happened back there in Kilika. He calmed himself, slightly, and tried to think of the right question to ask Mieli. It was not a game to these two, but something close to it. When in sticky situations, they made each other ask the right questions. This wasn't the time though, Shinu wasn't thinking very clearly, and he was getting pissed.

Ok, now is not the time for all of this. I'm just a little bit on edge, and I'm not in the mood for this heat.

As Shinu began to follow Mieli through the sand, he let his brain get away from his thoughts about what happened. He wasn't in the right frame of mind, and Shinu learned not to ask questions that you didn't want to hear the answer to. At this point, Shinu wanted to his home, and he wanted his mom, but it didn't seem like he was going to get either of those soon. He scooped up Nuraki and put it away quickly. He turned to look up at Mieli again, and this time felt he had a question worth answering.

This change Mieli, there is something about it. I don't think being caught in those portals was something meant to bring us a small change like just our location. You mentioned my story, and my question is, what type of character do I have in this story? Oh, and nice shades, I might have to get some of those for myself some day.

Finally Shinu could smile. He thought he asked a good question, and Mieli's shades calmed him down. It was just interesting to see him with shades and no jacket, a first for Shinu. He may have been sucked into a portal, attacked by sinsacles, and stuck in Bikanel, but he had Mieli, and for now, that was more than enough.

Last edited by Jimi on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 5:35 am

"Over this one last dune and I'll be-huh?"

Tif had been running excitedly as she was almost to the oasis. She was, of course, really hot, especially from the running she had just did. Beads of sweat ran down her face and raced each other towards the hem of her shirt. They did nothing but absorb the liquid, which made them felt very warm and uncomfortable while rubbing against her milky, white skin.

"Who are those people?" Tif said as she watched the two young strangers walking around aimlessly and minding their own business. As she continued to watch them to make sure they did not defile the desert in any way they could, she knelt down and hid behind the dune that had promised her her prize, just like a professional thief, and stalked them while they were making their way.

Deciding that these people were wasting her time and made the decision mentally that they must be lost, she got up and started down a dune. She wanted to know why they were on Bikanel. Thoughts and questions raced across her mind: What if they are part of Yevon? If they are, will they destroy Home? And the Al Bhed? I bet I can take 'em! They don't look tough at all!
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 6:45 pm

"Right you are Shinu, every story has its characters, and for the story to be your story you would have to be the main character, right? Typically most stories you've read are either existential slice of life dramas attempting to teach you something, or they are fanatical sci-fi adventures taking place in faraway lands in never before concieved times.

Does this story look like either to you? No, at least it shouldn't. Since your story does in fact take place here in Spira, the real world, there must be only a limited number of outcomes, right?

Now for some collective thinking. In Spira there is a common enemy. Who is that enemy, the source of all evil we know today. Knowing that who is the only protagonist thought to be able to eliminate this evil?

I suspect you know your enemy, but right now I question as to whether you know yourself. When that becomes clear to you, all else will begin to fall into place."

Mieli sees an oasis up ahead. The water is a sight for sandy eyes.

"Seems there's an oasis up ahead. I say let's have a drink. Of course nature only furnishes the non-alcoholic kind, so I hope water is good enough for you."
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 am

Shinu almost forgot that he was walking as he relied soley on msucle memory for that task, and put all of his attention in trying to put the pieces of Mieli's puzzle together. The use of literary terms was nothing new to these two, as they would talk nearly everything deep in the Kilika Woods at night. Shinu remembered that night well, as they talked about the future and the way things happened in life. Everyone had their role, and whomever could accept, embrace, and fill their role in the story was the most successful and happy in the world. Now Shinu knew what role he had, and it wasn't what he expected. Then again, hardly anything that happened lately was what he expected. This one hurt though, badly. He would need some time to come to grips with the puzzle that he had just solved.

I'm afraid... I understand what you're saying Mieli. I don't know why this is happening, but I know that as long as you are in my story, all will indeed fall in place.

Shinu shook his head to himself. He wanted to doubt it so badly, he wanted it to not be true, he wanted his life to just be normal, he wanted to not get on that boat. It was too late, and Shinu never felt as if he was above destiny, and now his appetite would be more than alleviated as he was going to have to consume his own grand words. Shinu wanted a legacy, the greatest legacy in the world, and now, he was going to be given an opportunity that he would have never thought to conceive all those nights in the woods. Suddenly, he was really thirsty, almost feeling like he was going to dehydrate.

Yeah, water will do just fine, I could use some right about now. I thought that was just a mirage, but it's a good thing I'm not alone to depend on my desert knowledge or lack there of.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:33 pm

"Haha it's got nothing to do with desert knowledge. I just know a hallucination when I think I see one."
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:36 pm

"Well, if you have no knowledge of the desert, then why are you here!?"

Tif had snuck atop a huge rock that lay aside the oasis. She was waiting for them, waiting like a venus fly trap, where flies came to the sugary scent to replenish, only to find themselves trapped within its mouth. (Like the comparison? Wink)

only seconds later, she jumped off the rock and stood in front of the young men.

"Say, you guys don't look like Yevonites. If you're not, then why are you here?" Tif asked them as she walked in circles around the two.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 pm

"A Yevonite? I suppose it isn't safe for anyone to say they are in this desert. Have no fear of me though, I don't surrender myself to any faith. I only speak for myself though."

Mieli pauses briefly to look over at Shinu

"I know why I specifically am happy to be here. I was travelling via ship with my companion here, and we were attacked. Somehow we've ended up here. While we were attacked, I ran out of cigarettes, so I desparately need a pack of Camels. Believe me, I am willing to pay, and isn't it cigarettes that really get people talking? I hope you realize the profit your wallet and your curiosity will make."
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:16 pm

"Hmmm... Attacked, you say? If you don't mind, could you tell me what you were attacked by? It's a little dangerous because people do inhabit this island. But if you wanted cigarettes, then you must know that people do."

Tif had been talking while still wandering around the two strangers. Of course, she wanted to know more.

"We hadn't seen any airships at all today" Tif stopped and took in a deep breath and fell into deep thought. After a few seconds with fighting with her mind, she finally came up with her own conclusion. "Okay, since you guys can't get off the island, I suppose I could take you guys somewhere safe. Hopefully you guys are telling the truth, and if you are really with Yevon, then my people won't take you guys so lightly if they find out. Oh, and about those Camels... You're out of luck. People have been really busy lately that they have no time to make them. But in any case, we should rest up here, and then we'll be on our way.'
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:26 pm

"Well if we were Yevonites and we did have something against you, I don't believe you'd be taking us somewhere safe now would you? I'm no liar, so you must be taking us somewhere safe.

No Camels eh? I suppose you're taking us to town right? I'll do my shoping there. Too bad I can't give you a commission, I appreciate those who take care of others just out of curiosity. It's the mark of a good soul to offer help to someone you know nothing about.

Lead the way miss."
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 11:41 pm

"Well, hopefully you can speak Al Bhed. By the way, you're friend looks a little... thirsty?"

With that, Tif grabbed her water cantine and threw it at the tanned stranger and turned around and started walking away from the oasis towards Home.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 12:37 am

Shinu was more than sure that Mieli just said something to him about the oasis or something, but he didn't register it. He saw the girl come popping out from behind a rock near the oasis. She said something too, that much Shinu got because he heard her voice. She was saying something about the desert, but Shinu made his own dialog for what she was saying, but perhaps that dialog is better left unsaid. She was something serious, pretty face, nice body, and a sexy little outfit to wrap it up. Even in the desert under the blazing hot sun, with all that happened in the day, it took a pretty face in a tiny skirt to get his mind off track. Somehow, Shinu managed to get a few words out of his mouth, and it was only because he could feel Mieli looking at him expectingly.

Yevonite... no.

She kept circling, definitely not the best idea for a pretty girl around Shinu. He got a full three sixty view of her and liked what he saw. He'd only really dated one girl before, and she was an Al Bhed that the Kilika residents took in and her mom had a fondness for. She was nothing like this girl here though. Her long her, her beautiful blue eyes, Shinu could get used to being here, no matter what the temperature. Shinu just kept watching her, and coming as no surprise to him, it just got a whole lot hotter in the desert. Right when it started to get maybe just a little too hot, the girl tossed her water canteen at Shinu and turned to walk away. Shinu just held the canteen for a second, making sure he didn't blink as he watched her start to walk away, but then Mieli walked right in his view. Shinu took this opportunity to drink some of her water and poured a bit into his palm before splashing it in his face. After that he walked past Mieli and then along side of the young Al Bhed girl, handing her the canteen back.

I appreciate that pretty lady. You'll have to forgive my manners, but since you didn't give us a name, I'll have to go off observation. So that you don't have to use yours, my name is Shinu.

Shinu extended his left hand out in front of the girl as they continued walking. The sun beamed off of his arm, the small beads of sweat glistening profoundly as he awaited hers. She wasn't short, but Shinu had a sizable height advantage as usual, and he looked down to her with a three quarter grin.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 1:14 am

"Ooooh, so you DO talk! Well, in that case, my name is Tif! Tiffany Kop! It's really nice to meetcha!" Tif said excitedly as she grabbed one of his hands and shook it furiously. With that, they continued walking towards Home.

Tif grabbed the canteen and put it around her shoulder. The sun was still beating down on the three hard. She looked at Shinu and his partner and could obviously tell they have never experienced heat before. I wonder where they are from. While observing the two, she noticed Shinu looking down on her but she just decided to ignore it. Not liking the silence anymore, she decided to tell them both more about the island and herself.

"Since you guys seem you've never been on the island before, you're on Bikanel. It's where the Al Bhed live. Right now, we're building a place where we can live called Home. And don't be shocked when you see everyone: they all have blonde hair and green, spiraly eyes, and they're also a little tall, as you can tell by my height. But I'm not full Al Bhed, you see. I'm also half Yevonite. I live with my father here, and my mother lives in Bevelle. It's complicated," said Tif explaining to Shinu and his friend.

"While we're there, you should probably stick with me, as I'm the only one out of us three who can speak Al Bhed fluently. And if you want, I could probably teach you a few words."

After Tif finished up saying what she wanted to, they passed in between two small dunes which lead downhill. At the bottom was what appeared to be the construction of Home.

"Well, we're here! And remember, stick with me! If you want to know anything, just ask me. If you're hungry, tell me. If you want off the island... Tell me."
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 2:51 am

Tiffany Kop, that's not such a bad name, that's actually not a bad name at all. Pretty name, pretty body, pretty face, everything was good. Then she shook his hand, quite adamantly, her energy was obvious. Definitely not his type of girl, but damn she was sexy, and that was his type, well at least his type for now. He wasn't exactly out for a soul mate at this stage of his life anyways, so the sexiness was just going to have to win out for the time being.

Shinu was content with letting Tiffany share her story, well schooled in the art of learning about another person. At this point, he could use all the knowledge he could get about this place, he and Mieli never really mentioned it in their talks. Building a home sounded like a noble thing to do, and Shinu really couldn't relate because his home had always been there for him. Half Yevonite, that was an interesting thing to learn, but that explained her pretty blue eyes and dark hair. He kept looking down to her smiling, and liked what she was saying. She was interesting, and fun right after just meeting her.

Oh don't worry Tiffany, I'll stick by you alright. I know a few things in Al Bhed, but that too is a long and confusing story. I'd be more than happy to brush up and learn more from you though, I'll even stay after class daily.

His eyes narrowed and focused in on hers, definitely a powerful look, but he delivered a playful smile with it. He turned his attention to the construction site they would have to be calling a home for now. It seemed so far out to Shinu, he always knew of his home as a stable location, and couldn't imagine what it would be like to have to build a home as a race. Tiffany didn't seem to mind though, she was so cheerful and happy, and so very kind.

Alright, since you're so kind, I could actually use a bite. I haven't eaten since last night, I kinda skipped breakfast. After that and whatever Mieli needs, I'm ready to go when you are Tiffany.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 7:44 pm

"Hmmm... Okay! Just follow me, and stay close! If you get lost, just meet up right at this spot and I'll come for whoever is lost. And by the way, just call me Tif."

Tif, Mieli, and Shinu began to make their down the hill. It wasn't long, but it wasn't short, either. From where they were standing, there were five "stumps" circled around a base that seemed to be another building. There were people and tents everywhere, some wearing goggles to protect their eyes from the sand and sun, while just chose to not to wear them. Most also wore loose clothing, so when the wind came, they would flap to make themselves cool.

After only a few minutes, the three finally reached their destination.

"Well, we're here! Just follow me."

Tif led Shinu and Mieli through a crowd of Al Bhed. It was a little difficult to tell them apart because they looked the same. But as they were walking, many were spying on the new suspicious figures. It wasn't long before they reached the construction site. Though it was off limits, Tif walked through it anyways so she could get from her tent to the other side and back.

"Tif, I told you earlier, this area is off limits!" stated an Al Bhed who held some sort of power. He thought of Tif as a burden to the Al Bhed for being half Yevonite.

"Oh? And who's gonna stop me, tubby?"

The Al Bhed man, who was obviously chubby because of Tif's comment, just sighed and walked away. After the little conflict, Tif and the made their way through and out the other side of Home.

There were fewer homes for the Al Bhed here, but a number of each seemed to be bigger than the ones at the front of Home. Tif took Mieli and Shinu to the first one in site. The inside held the basic necessities of life: a table, somewhere to sleep, food, and water. Other than those things, the home was empty.

"Well, my father doesn't seem to be here. He's probly out there..." Tif walked over to where her father slept and plopped hersef on the floor. "Well, you guys can sit over there," said Tif, pointing in front of her, which was where she slept.

"Mieli, we should head out now. We're going to be leaving before dark, so we'd better hurry up," said Tif as she got herself up off the floor and over to Mieli, who made his way out of the tent.

"And that leaves you here, Shinu. You can help yourself to the food. And, um.... Oh! If my father comes by, just tell him you're with me. He'll understand."

With that, Tif made her way out back into heat of the desert.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:14 pm

"Right, I suppose shops don't stay open all day. I do need to grab a couple items."

Mieli looked down at his boots, the sand definately wore off the bottom of his soles, indicating to him his feet were really going to hurt if he had to walk on them much longer.

"Essentially, I need cigarettes and a pair of steel toe boots. I believe I have enough gil on me."

Mieli winked at Tif. He had been travelling around Spira longer than most could imagine and had some of the most polished travel skills. A wise man like Mieli would never travel somewhere he didn't know the native language of.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:11 pm

"Hmm... Not bad. Those items should be really easy to find, except maybe for the Camels you wanted."

Tif and Mieli continued on their way to do some supply shopping for Mieli. They walked the oppposite way they came to Tif's "house", minus the complaints of the other Al Bed who were hard at work.

The scene looked the same when they had arrived at Home. There were fewer people, but it was hardly noticeable. After Mieli and Tif made their way through the crowd of people, they came to what looked like a market place with open tents set up all over the place where people got what they needed and more.

"Well, let's do your thing and get the heck outta here!"

This time, Tif did the following.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 11:27 pm

"You sir, did you need some cigarettes, they are only 10 gil?

The shop keeper continued to yell to call attention to his product.

Cigarettes only 10 gil. Camels only 10 gil. "

That finally caught Mieli's attention.

"Alright, how much for a carton?"

"100 gil."

"Fair enough, I'll take them."

Mieli paid the man fairly, he wasn't going to pay more than he needed for cigarettes. He broke open the carton pack and pulled out a single pack. He tossed the carton pack into his utility bag that hung near his waist via a shoulder strap and then packed his cigarettes slapping them to his hand. When he felt they might be adequately packed, he opened them up. He tossed the celophane and foil in his back pocket. He was never too keen on littering, and then finally light up his cigarette.

"MMMMM, that's so good."

He blew out his first drag.

"Do you smoke Tif?"

Mieli made the offer to Tif out of politeness.

"Alright now I need some boots, steel toed that is. Do you know of any shop around here that has a good reputation for such shoes?"

Mieli let Tif lead the way and struck up some more conversation.

"You might have guessed that boots and cigarettes are not all Shinu and I need. We actually need a way off of this island. I remembered that you were quite curious about what exactly we were doing here in the desert. As a native coming across two travellers with absolutely no resources acting like they have no idea where they are I would be too. However, I would like to question you as to how curious you really are regarding who we are and what we do. If you're ready for a true journey and a possible rise to stardom, I can show you who we are and what we do. I'm sure you'd agree that seeing is better than hearing such things right?"
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:50 am

As Shinu walked through the Al Bhed Home with Tiffany by his side, he was a bit struck by seeing a totally different lifestyle. It was so strange to see that people could be so unified for a common goal. The Al Bhed came with such a bad connotation attached to their name, but Shinu couldn't quite understand why. It was probably easier for him to keep his prejudices at bay because he wasn't a follower of Yevon either. From what he saw though, they were a tight knit group, willing to put the team in front of the individual, and Tiffany was definitely no exception with her kindness at the forefront from the moment they met her.

When Tif walked Shinu and Mieli into her small house, Shinu nodded almost in approval, though no one would ask for it. He eyed down some of the food they had as Tiffany said that her father wasn't home. That sounded like the best news she'd given them so far, he was not trying to deal with an angry Al Bhed daddy at this point in his day. He was just hoping he could eat his food and be on about his business. Hopefully they wouldn't take too long. In fact, Shinu didn't plan on staying in Tiffany's house for that much longer anyways.

Alright, happy shopping then, I am not going to hold myself back on this food.

Shinu gave a hardly energetic wave to Mieli and Tif as they walked back out of the hut. He then made his way over to the food with a devilish grin on his face. He started to sift his fingers through all of his options, weighing them heavily in his head. He found a small bag of chocobo chocolates and completely devoured them, barely getting the bag open and avoiding eating it in the process. Shinu decided that he needed to eat something with substance so he looked at the bottom of the stack of food to see a box containing his favorite food! Shoopuf strips always did it for him and they had the perfect jelly to go with it! He began to rip through the strips and may as well have been drinking the jelly instead of violently dipping it like he was. He must have ate three pounds of shoopuf strips because that was no small box and nothing was left. All that was left to do was wash it down and Shinu took no time at all in chugging somewhere near half of a gallon of water.

When Shinu was done, his body was cooled, eating always did that to the body, and Shinu was grateful for that. He killed two birds with one stone and for the first time he felt like he could handle the enormous challenge that awaited him. He wanted to do some more thinking, but he felt it would be best at this point to just go with it and see how it worked. His first course of action would have to be getting out of this house before Tif's father got home. He didn't take her advice and walked through the Al Bhed's home alone to get back to the place they said they would meet if anyone got lost. He walked up to the top of the dune and sat as he looked out at the sun.

I can't believe what I got myself into this time. Actually, I don't know if I even did anything to get in this mess. I'm just ready to get out of here, if all of this is true, I have a lot of work to do.

Shinu was getting restless, but he had to be patient in waiting for them. Running in after them and getting lost when his Al Bhed has been losing it's touch every now and again might not be the best idea. He opted instead to do some light stretching to make sure he wouldn't cramp after all that he ate. That was it s functional purpose, but he was really hoping he would pass the time quickly with his stretching.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 7:39 pm

Tif stood behind Mieli as she watched the scene before her. Tif didn't smoke, but that didn't mean she didn't like it around her, either. She did note, however, that Mieli sure did smoke a lot. Shinu didn't strike Tif as a smoker, but then again, judgement can't be passed so quickly.

As Mieli turned around rather pleased with his purchase, she just stood there and watched him tear open the carton and do his thing. It was like watching an animal chow down violently on an animal carcus. He then offered Tif a cigarette.

"Um, no thank you. I don't smoke," said Tif as her only option to say. After Mieli had asked her where they can find some steel-toed boots, Tif led Mieli ont too far away to another tent. This tent was filled with armored goods and such for people who go out to venture the world.

Along the way, Mieli asked Tif a rather serious question.

"Call it curiosity if you wish, but I just thought it was strange seeing two complete strangers wandering around. Of course, the only people who inhabit the island are Al Bhed, and Al Bhed only. Like I said before, we'll be getting off the island. And speaking of a journey, it's sounds pretty fun. As long as I get to meet lot's of new people, I'm find with it, though a possible route to stardom sounds like it's a pilgramage!" All Tif could do was laugh at that statement.

A pilgramage? No way! To her, that would be the journey of a lifetime. She could travel all over Spira, and meet lot's of new people. But thinking of either Shinu or Mieli as a summoner would be a joke. But even if they were not going a pilgramage, she would go with them at no cost.

"Well, if actions are better than words, I'd more than like to go on this 'true journey' with both you and Shinu."
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 11:15 pm

"You like those boots don't you?"

The shopkeeper must have seen Mieli eyeing a pair of black leather combat boots with some red trim covering the back of the heels and over the ankle.

"Yeah, they seem like well made boots. I haven't seen anything much like them before. Did you make these yourself?"

The shopkeeper laughed at Mieli as most Al Bhed shopkeepers made most of their goods by themselves. Despite his good dialect and counterculture blend, Mieli had been found out. The shopkeeper knew he wasn't a native.

"How much are they?"

"For you Yevon, they are 1500 gil. Plus another 500 gil for my hard labor."

Mieli wasn't about to argue over price. The shopkeeper was wrong about the Yevonite, but Mieli was no poor man. He tossed a coin over to the shopkeeper dated back far enough to have more than enough value to pick up his tab.

"Where'd you get this silver? This doesn't even exist today!"

"I seem to move around quite a bit and come across some interesting things. "

Mieli turned to Tif after making his purchase and strapping on his new boots.

"I think we should go check on Shinu before he partys out your house. After that we can figure out our plan for shoving off this island."
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:17 am

"Great! The faster we move, the faster we can leave!"

Tif darted out of the shopping tent and through the crowd of Al Bhed, with Mieli trailing behind her. She squeezed into many long and twisted gaps that the other Al Bhed had in between them. Mieli had no luck, and Tif had left him behind by accident. Deciding she was out of the crowd, he made his way to the spot where she had told him to go to when contact between the three was lost. As he made his way, the Al Bhed were scowling at him and giving him looks of suspicion.

Tif was now out of the ocean of people. Catching her breath, she turned back to see if Mieli was coming. Tif's eyes squinted as she spyed in through the crowd. She took a few steps towards the crowd, but she still could not scout out where Mieli could be. Giving up all hope in ever looking for him, she knew it was time for her to return to her home to retrieve Shinu. Like she did almost everyday, she walked through the contruction site of Home. It looked like half of the workers had gone home, while some just rested from a long day. The sound of machinary had softened, and the earth's blanket would soon be atop everyone's head. Tif sighed. She was almost towards her home.
--

Tif approached the front of her tent. She gently lifted the flap in front of her and peered inside to see if Shinu was still inside. To her surprise, Shinu wasn't, but instead, her father.

"Father! You're back! I need to tell you something."

Tif's father looked at her rather dubious. She had never really told him anything before.

"Yes, Tif? What is it?"

Her father was standing near the end of the tent. He walked towards her and payed close attention to what she was trying to tell him.

"I just wanted to say that I'm leaving for a while. And I think I won't be back too soon." She paused for a second. She looked down beause she thought she sensed her father wanted a better explanation. "Um, that's it, I guess."

Her father, left unnamed, just looked at her with no thoughts and rather blank. For a short period of time, she thought that he was little upset at her.

"Oh, dear! I'm really glad for ya, ya hear! I think it's a great idea for you to go out and venture Spira!"

"You really think so?" Tif stood there, a little confused. She thought this was some kind of cruel joke, but it wasn't.

"O' course! A girl like you needs a lil' freedom, is all." Her father grinned and laughed. The feeling for him was great.

Tif looked at her father while they both stood, now completely understanding one another. She smiled, and he smiled back at her. Tif slowly walked back up to her father and and wrapped her arms around him. Not too soon after, he played copy cat and did the same as she. "I'll really miss you, daddy." She unwrapped her arms around him and as he did the same and took a few steps backwards. "I love you." After those words with strong meaning escaped from her lips, bursted out of the tent and took a few residents of the island by surprise as they were returning to their tents.

Tif's father lifted open both flaps of his and his daughter's tent. He watched her leave. He felt proud of her and he was glad he had her as a daughter. Tears gushed from his watery eyes and he smiled. He whispered to himself, somehow hoping that she would hear him from far away. "I love you, too, sweetheart. Juss make sure you come back to visit."
---

Tif ran through the contruction site for the last time. She wouldn't be back at Home for quiet some time in the future. The noises of the machina that had been present earlier faded away and taken back with their owners, while some just lied on the cold ground, getting ready so they could be used for the next day. The sun had begun to hide itself behind the dunes. Tif thought it sort of looked like half a lemon.

People were now in their tents with their families, telling stories and jokes. Some o the Al Bhed were still out and about, just standing around and conversing with one another. As she walked through the aisles of tents, something came across her mind: Oh, whoops! I'm supposed to be looking for Mieli and Shinu!

Just remembering what she had told Mieli and Shinu earlier about the meet up point, she began to run over to where Mieli and Shinu have been waiting. Her raven colored hair flew behind her like a ribbon blowing in the breaze. A pair of feet stamped themselves into the soft, grainy sand of the desert. It wasn't long before she reunited with the people she had met earlier that day. She hunched over and placed her hands on top of her knees. She huffed and puffed, trying to catch her breath.

"I'm... here!..."

Now it was time to get down to business.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 1:02 am

After chilling with Mieli for a little bit and planning out where they were going, they agreed on Besaid Island. It was perfectly fine with Shinu, beautiful beaches meant sexy women. Speaking of sexy women, it seemed like Tiffany was back, and thankfully, she hadn't changed outfits. Shinu was quite fond of that little skirt of hers. He made it a note to let he know he appreciated how much it work it must take to be in that skirt and not reveal anything, though he would appreciate it just a bit more if she did.

Welcome back Ms. Kop. I think it's about time that we get rolling though. Besaid is our first destination, and I think you'll love it. It's water looks exactly like those pretty eyes of yours. If we leave soon, we can still see it during the day thanks to the time zones.

Shinu nodded to Mieli on a serious note, and walked down the dune towards Tif. He figured she knew how to get them off the island. Mieli had caught him up as to what he and Tif were talking about, and it seemed she was down to travel with them. Shinu knew Mieli didn't tell her what he told him, but that would give him a good chance to make it official before Tif could doubt him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)   Sand in My Boots (Ch.2) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sand in My Boots (Ch.2)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spira's Forgotten Legends :: Northern Spira :: Non Continental Spira-
Jump to: