Spira's Forgotten Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spira's Forgotten Legends: The forgotten story of Spira's controversial heroes.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)

Go down 
+5
Silent Contemplation
Mia
AtLossForWords
Tif
Jimi
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

Male Number of posts : 748
Character (Race) : Shinu (Human)
Hometown : Kilika
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 2:48 am

Was Shinu embarrassed? Probably so. It was just him and Erk though, and Erk didn't seem like he was going to give up on Shinu, so he figured he may as well keep these slip ups to himself. He tried to stay focused, but even again he messed up on his first attempt to handle himself. After rubbing along each wall for a while, Erk finally rolled his eyes and instructed Shinu to use the spheres.

There was a shining blue sphere, no more than five inches in diameter resting in a small shelf like holder. It was blue in color, and Erk told him it was Besaid sphere, which made no impact on Shinu at the time. Pretty unoriginal name if it was up to him to be the judge, but oh well, time to move on. Shinu was pretty excited that the door opened when he put the Besaid sphere in its empty spot. Seemed pretty simple, open spot equals put in a sphere. Got it.

Moving on into an L shaped hallway, Shinu ran through to rub his hand along the wall and did manage to find a few rooms by activating some glyphs. It may not have been the prettiest method, but Shinu was going to get out of this cloister one way or another. Shinu found a spot to put the Besaid sphere he was holding into and that raised yet another section. Things seemed to be going well, and Shinu was starting to understand what was going on. Erk taught him that the pedestal also had an affect on things when a sphere was in it. Shinu found one to put in there, well he had to find a different one after Erk taught him not to use the Destruction sphere unless you thought it would lead to something. Shinu found another Besaid sphere in a room that a glyph revealed and put it into the pedestal. Shinu got a bit excited when Erk told him he could put the Destruction sphere where he found that Besaid sphere.

Shinu raced to the purple Destruction sphere and sprinted back out to where he found his newest Besaid sphere. Erk seemed to be entertained by Shinu's enthusiasm, and was playing it up as much as he could. He showed Shinu where the Destruction sphere would cause the damage and Shinu definitely was willing to try to set the sphere in its slot and race to see the wall blow up. He almost made it too, hearing the wall explode and seeing some of the dust and smoke clear was cool, but he made a note to get faster so that he could see it next time. What Erk didn't tell Shinu was that the Destruction sphere brings you presents. With any luck, he'd find something for Tiffany so he could make it up to her the shock of becoming a summoner. He should have waited for the smoke to clear, but he closed his eyes and opened the treasure chest of anxiousness. When he pulled his head back out and finished coughing, he cleared what felt like a ring off on his shirt. Sure enough, it was a bright shining ring, with a crystal blue diamond in the middle.

Erk told him that it was a magic enhancer, and that made Shinu just a little sad. Tiffany didn't seem like the magic casting type, but he guessed he may as well keep it in case it ever became useful. Erk refused to take it because it clashed with his hair or something of the sort. Shinu finally pushed the pedestal into place in the remaining room and a staircase was open, the chamber of the fayth awaited him within. Before he walked in, Shinu turned to Erk.

I'll be back shortly. Thanks for everything.

Shinu turned and took his steps up the stairs, and in to the illustrious and hallowed chamber of the fayth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdiscussion.forumotion.com
gamemonk0

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 5:55 pm

". . . and alone again. . . " Erk gathered his robes about him and shivered in the damp. He settled himself down into a nook in the wall, and resolved to keep a watch from there... but he was so tired after all this traipsing around in temple basements and walking across the island, and..........
He was asleep in the next moment, his chin resting on his chest as he snored in the nasally way of old men.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

Female Number of posts : 426
Character (Race) : Tif (Al Bhed/Yevonite)
Hometown : Home

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Tif looked up from the ground, which forcefully made her look at the temple. It was beautiful. She never seen that shade of blue anywhere before. She remembered when she just was 12 years old. It was at Lake Macalania. The only place in Spira she's ever been to besides Bikanel and Besaid. She ran away and across the lake, towards the temple, while the other Al Bhed were at the Travel Agency, spread all throughout Spira, ran by the Al Bhed themselves. Tif ran to the temple, but she was disturbingly turned away by the Yevonites. With no where else to go, she went back with the Al Bhed, whom never noticed she had left.

She took in a deep breath and tuned around to take a look at the village. One-room huts filled the the village with families inside of them. People were out and about, some chatting amongst themselves while others took in the beauty of Mother Nature. It was quiet.

"Well, looks like there's really nothing here. Well, at least for you and me, Mieli."
Back to top Go down
Anzarumen
NPC
Anzarumen

Male Number of posts : 29
Character (Race) : NPC
Hometown : NPC
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:22 am

"Finally i have saved up the ten thousand gil thats needed for the renevations of the temple" i said softly to myself. Being an old templs priest this was about the extent of what i could do any more. I ran my hand over my mustash and down my short white beard, I was always cleaning and doing small repair to the temple but it didnt do much good, now i had the money to pay profesionaly to come and renevate for real. I was sitting in a small chamber inside the besaid temple now counting the gil again to make sure i really had finaaly made the amount nessisary...
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 pm

The dreams came to Erk again, and the pain they brought was in no way dulled by the hallowed nook he had taken for his bed.

Erk stood in the air, looking down from above upon waves crashing onto the breakers. Dashed upon the rocks lay the remains of ships, a great fleet, all in ruin, while red-throated gulls and black kites feasted on what the water spared of the crew.

Then all shifted again, and Erk stood upon a single, floating point of ground, and all else was void. Shining, bright void. He stood somewhere in the Farplain, where he had devoted his life before he was forced to flee. From the depths of the void all about came even brighter points of light among the glittering riot he found himself in the midst of. The souls of his teachers came to him yet again.

He shrank back from one and threw up warding hands... but it was no avail. They were too many. Concussions wracked his frame as he was battered back and forth, and the ground he stood upon was shattered...

Just as he had upturned the ground of so many others.

He plummeted into the swirling, empty chaos below, and then....

He was nothing.
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 3:22 am

Ieyui
Nobomenu
Renmiri
Yojuyogo
Hasatekanae
Kutamae

The stone doors leading to the Chamber of the Fayth slowly slid open. For a moment the sounds of a woman singing was heard loud and clear. The room had a mysterious glow about the walls, revealing the scripts of Yevon embedded in the stone. Those words were ancient rites, binding the invisible presence within the room to the statue in the floor.

The singing slowly began to fade away, leaving nothing but a gentle echoing.
And the transparent shape of a woman began to form. She had her back to the summoner that stood in front of her statue. Smiling, she looked down at her feet and began speaking.

You have passed my Cloister of Trials.

Turning about to face this new summoner, she nodded her head and asked,

Then tell me: why have you come? What is your purpose?

And she waited for answer. If he could answer her that, honestly and truthfully from his heart, she would bestow that which he sought. Merging her power with his own and she would march off toward the inevitable with him.

(Compliments to Saami)

Shinu remained standing tall in the chamber, not really sure of what he was supposed to do at this point. Maybe these things written on the wall were instructions? Nah, that can't be it. Shinu didn't get too much time to think about it before the fayth actually went ahead and decided to speak first. Asking what Shinu's purpose was seemed like a valid enough question, and a simple one at that. Shinu wasn't too sure how to attack the answer, but a simple question deserves a simple answer. Honor and honesty is the way to go, and so he stuck to the things that made him who he is.

My purpose is to defeat Sin. I don't have anything more to promise or to say, but I can assure you that the job will get done at all cost, even with my life. I need your help to achieve such a demanding goal, I'm fully aware of that. Please, join me in my quest and help me bring peace to all of Spira.

And so this Summoner knew? He knew what was to happen to him? And he will travel on. The fayth nodded her head and turned around once more, turning her back to him.

You are a brave soul, Summoner.

She commented before tilting her head back to look at the ceiling of the chamber. She had been summoned so many times. And she grew weary. Perhaps this summoner was the one. The key needed to end this.Turning back to the summoner, the Fayth nodded.

Where many have failed, You will succeed. I will be with you. I will fight and stand by your side. I will protect you. Use my power wisely Summoner.

Taking a careful step back, she closed her eyes and gracefully merged with her new master.The song of Prayer began again, softly at first and steadily grew until it was the volume it was before.

(Compliments to Saami)

Shinu wasn't quite sure where his confidence was coming from, he almost sounded like a real summoner. Then he thought, with one last exasperated breath, that he is a legitimate summoner with an aeon at his side. It was time to go, time to get to Erk, because suddenly, he wasn't feeling so well.

He walked out of the chamber of fayth a bit lazily and tapped Erk. This seemed to startle Erk and thankfully didn't cause any injuries to him. As they walked out side by side back out into the main portion of the temple, Shinu had to consume his last hi potion, giving him the majority of his energy back momentarily. He was struggling to figure out what was wrong, but he wanted to wait to see Mieli first.

As Erk and Shinu walked out of the temple, Shinu looked back, having a bad feeling about something other than just the condition of his body. He turned back around though, and saw some figures off in the distance.
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 10:38 am

Erk hobbled along, and was surprised to find himself keeping up with Shinu. He seemed drained, weaker...

That, or Erk had shed about 30 years during that last nap. He'd much prefer the latter.

Shinu seemed to see something in the village, from the way his eyes suddenly focused. Erk turned in the direction of his gaze, and found someone he would never expect to see here at the foot of a temple, the Besaid temple especially.

An Al Bhed. The cheek! What in the world could she possibly be doing here?
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

Female Number of posts : 360
Character (Race) : Kat, Human
Hometown : Bevelle

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 3:15 pm

Kat walked to the Al Bhed girl again seeing as the girl stopped and it didn't seemed she wanted to start running again. Her father was just behind her suprised that Kat was so interested in these strangers who came to the island, but he knew that Kat wanted to help everybody and he could do nothng about it. He got more interested as he heard the two talk about summoner that is in the town. If that was true it was possible to finally deafet Sin and the memory of his wife...

Kat looked at her father and smiled, it was obvious he was thinking about her mother. She looked at the Al Bhed girl and smiled at her kindly.

"It's nice to meet you Tif, my name is Kat and this is my father Asuma. I am sorry about this but I would like to know what happend. I mean... you are not from here it's obvious and town people may ba a little... mean especially for you since you are an Al Bhed."

"Nice to meet you Tif."

Asuma said with one light bow and looked at the temple obviously not listening to what Kat was saying.

Kat noticed that so she looked there too. There were two people walking out of the temple, one of them had to be this summoner Tif was talking about, she didn't knew who was the other one.
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:04 pm

Tif sat at the bottom of the steps with one of her legs stretched across a step. She looked at Mia and her father, Asuma. Well, I guess it's nice to know your strangers....

"It's.. very nice to meet you, Mia. And Asuma." She stopped talkng and spoke with Mieli in Al Bhed.

"You know, I don't think it's any of there business. Talk about nosy, right, Mieli!? But if they really wanna know... I think thy'll just have to wait till Shinu comes!"

After Mieli and Tif's little negotiation that Mia and Asuma could not understand, they've come to the conclusion that they would wait for Shinu.

"I'm sorry, but we think it's best if we wait for the summoner." Tif turned her head until it was aligned with her body. At the corner of her eye, she saw a couple of pedestrians walking out of the temple, one looking familiar. She turned her head at the two persons, and saw it was none other than Shinu and some old bag. Tif gasped and quickly stood up and ran a little towards the couple. She, by this time, wasn't mad at Shinu anymore.

"Hey, Shinu! Did you get your aeon!? You have to show us!" Tif did a little dance while speaking to Shinu. Stopping, she turned to Shinu's new friend. "Hi! You must be a guado! I'm Tif! It's nice to meetcha!" She stuck out her hand in front of the old man, gesturing for a handshake.
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:54 pm

There was a barely perceptible split second of hesitation, as Erk silently appraised this new, and rather ill-placed person. She seemed friendly enough, and her eyes were bright and shining...

But if there was one thing that his old age had taught him, that romantic bull about bright eyes never lying was crap. It usually turned out the opposite. Lies had their own light. He had taught him that.

After his unnoticed scrutiny, he stuck out his hand, and shook the girl's hand. His skin rasped like sand-paper over her palm. He decided that this person warranted watching. Though he'd gone to pains not to bring ill upon any of her race, old habits died hard.

"I am Erk." He uttered. With that, he turned away and sat down on the nearest temple step, inside the illuminated circle of the nearest wall sconce. But with a jolt that could have dislocated his hip, Erk lept to his feet, and amazing enough feat by itself. But he had remembered his original reason for coming to these accursed steps. The High Priest! How could he forget?

"I'll be back with you all in a moment. I have some business to take care of." He called back over his shoulder as he laboured up the stairs, though he inwardly winced at using the word "business" for this.
Back to top Go down
Chimerageist

Chimerageist

Male Number of posts : 16
Character (Race) : Nick (Al Bhed)
Hometown : Bikanel

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 11:36 am

The priest darted his head to his right as something caught his eye...but there was nothing there.He must be going senile...

"Behind you."

As the priest spun around Nick slammed the handle of his dagger against the priest's skull, knocking him out on the spot.He grinned to himself as he opened the chest, revealing to him it's contents.As the shimmering light from the gil struck his face his grin grew to an ecstatic smile.

"There's got to be at least ten grand in here!Looks like coming to Besaid was the best idea I've had all month.Clear waters, gentle breezes, a heart warming sun...and enough gil to feed me like a king!"

He shifted the red extension on his shoulderguard and it made a hissing sound, opening up to reveal a hidden compartment.Nick grabbed handfulls of the gil and began to shove it into the claw-like appendage.As it flowed into the claw the gil rang with a jingling sound.

"Music to my ears...now to get out of here before I overstay my welcome."

He shut the armguard and twisted it to the right, locking it back in place.As he opened the doors to leave however...the priest who he had incapacitated awoke from his slumber, and began to yell surprisingly loud for his age.

"Filthy Al Bhed thief!!!He has stolen the gil, catch him!"

"Damn..."

Nick started to run towards the door when a priest approached him, barring his path.

"Um...PRAISE BE TO YEVON, WHAT'S THAT!?"

The priest spun around quickly, only to have his curiosity be answered with a leg sweep, knocking him hard onto the floor.

"Works every time."

Nick quickly darted over him and kicked the doors open, pausing momentarily to look at the group sitting around and on the stairs.Odd...but he couldn't waste any time on contemplation and ran towards the stairs.An old Guado man was in his way however, so he pushed him to the left...accidentally knocking him down the stairs.The guado tumbled down the steps, grunting and huffing with each bump.Nick jumped over the rest of the group and continued towards the village exit.

"Sorry bout that!!!In a hurry!"

He reached the gates that lead out of the village and proceeded up the hill, making his way towards the coast.

Last edited by Chimerageist on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:14 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 10:53 pm

As he stood at the top of the warm sun bathed steps, feeling fine at the moment, but slowly but surely becoming more fatigued, he smiled as Tiffany came running to him. He wasn't quite sure exactly how long he'd been away from her and Mieli, but he was definitely glad that he wasn't away any longer. Tiffany had a way of cheering the world up, and at this point, Shinu knew it wasn't just him. She was definitely a sight to see for a slowly fatiguing Shinu, mostly because she brought such a pure smile to his face. Her questions were so excited and genuine, she was more excited than Shinu that he got an aeon. He watched her little dance as she quizzed him and laughed inwardly to himself.

Before he could answer, Tif was doing her thing again and already struck up another conversation with Erk this time. He was so happy to see her so excited that Erk was here, so hopefully that was a good start to their friendship he hoped they would have. Off in the distance Shinu could see Mieli's figure in its shadow form, as well as another large figure that accompanied a figure that always lit up Shinu's eyes, a female figure. Try as he might, his eyes couldn't focus in that far, probably due to the hidden condition that he was in. Damn being a summoner was going to be a lot harder than he thought.

Wow, I'm glad to get such a warm welcome after the cloister. I'm kind of tired though.

A moment after Shinu got the words out of his mouth, he turned check that bad feeling of his once again that was coming from the temple. Just as he do, he caught a glint of blue behind Erk. It turned out to be hair from an Al Bhed that the priest from within yelled out at. Not only did he just steal from the temple, but then he hurt Shinu's new guardian Erk. Erk took a spill down the stairs and it all happened so fast that Shinu couldn't react right away.

Finally, Shinu snapped out of his trance and took a quick dash towards the gates in hot pursuit. As he dashed by, he did manage to get out a few words to the girl he now recognized to be the girl from the kitchen that he saw on his way into the temple.

We'll talk.

Shinu laughed as he was beginning to make up ground on the criminal. At this point, he remembered the terrain since he spent so much time admiring it on the way in to the town. His feet pounded the ground as his steps became heavier by the second. He would have gladly admitted that he was tired, but at this point, no one else had a chance to catch the man, and Shinu was not about to have someone put their hands on his guardian.

As he crossed the numerous waterfalls, he was hot on the thief's heels and it wouldn't be long before he was fully caught up to him. The thief veered to his left just before they hit the beach, and just before Shinu could reach out and snatch him down with his right arm. Shinu tried desperately to stop when he heard the feet of the criminal stop in front of him, the two now realizing that they were barreling towards the largest waterfall of them all.

The man that he'd chased just about all the way across the island now finally stopped and turned around, knowing that he was caught. There was a noticeable size difference between Shinu and this man, but he didn't seem at all intimidated by Shinu's size. Off in the distance, Shinu could pick up the sounds of what were running steps trying to catch up to them. Undoubtedly it was Mieli and Tiffany, whose job was to protect Shinu after all, so just watching him run after a thief would not be part of their job description.

In a moment my guardians will be here, and you'll have choice but to turn yourself in or answer to my blade and my aeon. I have to say though, you almost pulled that one off.

Shinu now drew his brilliant blade in case this man made any sudden moments. He was not about to be taken by surprise for thieves can not be trusted when put in a desperate situation. The stand off was seemingly lasting forever as the footsteps drew closer and closer as the time past, still no added words spoken from Shinu.
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

Male Number of posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Mieli saw his summoner run off towards the waterfall. He had a feeling that Shinu wasn't running after someone he hadn't seen in years and felt must speak with at all cost, so he looked over in Tif's direction nodded when she made eye contact and titled his head towards the city gates as if to say "help me follow Shinu this way" without shouting in an already suprised village.

"Another fucking hike, I thought I was going to relax off the coast and have a couple drinks before bed. I guess being a guardian is truly the most unpredictable duty there is."

Eventually Mieli and Tif caught up with Shinu and another character at the waterfall.

"I don't care who you are or what you've done, but I have no tolerance for any aggression to my summoner. Leave him alone or taste my bitter steel."
Back to top Go down
Chimerageist

Chimerageist

Male Number of posts : 16
Character (Race) : Nick (Al Bhed)
Hometown : Bikanel

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 3:20 am

Nick stood silently to himself...not out of fear...but because he was currently scanning the area for any potential escape from this predicament.What the others said meant little to him...and as long as he just stayed quiet he was sure that they wouldn't have any reason to suspect him.

"Maybe I can dive down the waterfall...no...too dangerous.The rocks probably wouldn't feel too good.I could scale the cliff...but side is far too slippery.I could aim for a tree with a well placed jump...but I don't have the time to plan it out and if I miss I'm guaranteed a brutal death."

There was only one option left, he'd have to do what he does best...talk and intimidate.Nick looked down towards the ground and laughed lightly to himself, pulling one of the four daggers he carries out of it's holster.

"Guardians you say, this means you're a summoner.Honestly...you don't look the type."

He spun his knife around in his hand, grinning down at it slyly.He took a moment to stare from his side up at the summoner, lifting his knife up towards the sword.He placed it gently on top of it and ran it across to make a deathly sheathing-like sound.

"Seeing as how you're a summoner...you obviously lack something most humans live their lives by.This my friend, is fear."

He turned around and faced the waterfall.

"I respect that in a person...fear makes us weak, and easy to push around.I dropped fear long ago, had no choice really.As an assassin who's been in the most desperate of circumstances and lived to tell the tale...fear was never an option.And because of this, I never back down from a challenge."

He grinned and dropped his hand back down towards his waist, turning around to face the summoner again.

"Or...maybe you do fear...but you hide it behind your overbearing figure.Maybe this is precisely WHY you became a summoner...to prove to yourself that you weren't afraid.I can't prove or disprove any of this at the moment...and probably never will, but it matters not.Either way both scenarios lead up to one outcome, neither of us back down, and a battle will ensue.I know not of your strength...but I can guarantee you that I've faced and easily dispatched foes much fiercer than what you could ever hope to be.With that in mind, do you really want your pilgrimage to end here in Besaid?"

"I am not however...without mercy.You did catch up to me, and manage to corner me...and I respect this.It would be unfair for me to just leave you here with nothing to tell of.So, I'm offering you not only your life, but half of the gil I've got on me at the moment.This would equal to roughly around 5000 gil...enough to feed both you and all of your guardians for at least several months.The extra funds you could use for transportation and weapons, neither of which is something a summoner can do without.Now...you have two paths ahead of you.Death, or a happy, healthy pilgrimage."

At this, an Al Bhed girl and a well-traveled looking man approached behind the summoner.The girl caught his eye...there was something about her...but he couldn't put his finger on it.As much as it bothered him, he couldn't lose sight of his goal.

"Ah, these must be your guardians, a very motley crew to say the least."

He eyed the sagacious one and laughed.

"At least I you've confirmed that this man is actually a summoner...I thank you for this.How can I take anyone seriously when I doubt their credibility?Though you do seem rather mis-informed...I never once bothered your summoner here...I'm simply a thief who wishes to get home and count my loot.He followed me...not vice versa.Now I could go through the trouble to give you the same speech I gave your friend over here but I honestly don't see the necessity in that."

"You as a guardian are given one task...protect your summoner.He knows what the options here are, and he will decide what it is you will and will not do.So until he gives you the good word I'd watch both your mouth and your actions.As far as I can tell there is no obvious way out of this situation...one summoner would have been easy to dispose of, but throw two guardians into the equation and it would seem I'm in quite the predicament.I have made it out of worse...but I'm in the vacation spirit at the moment and wish not to strain myself too much.That and I would hate to have to lay a hand on a fellow Al Bhed..."

He looked at the girl and smiled.

"Now...seeing as how I'm no longer in any place to negotiate, what's the deal?Turning myself in is NOT an option.And even if I do I guarantee you that I won't be stuck in any cell for too long...and when I do get out you will be the first person I lay to rest.I am willing to give back the gold...but certainly not all of it.This of course will more than likely lead up to someone laying in a pool of red, and it won't be me.You wouldn't want to bring that upon any old, brittle priest would ya?I'm assuming not...so with the previous two options out of the way, and with neither of us wishing to die in such a scenic place, fighting is a no go as well...unless of course your IQ is less than that of the common brigand."

He sat down on the ground and stabbed his dagger into the earth in front of him.

"Now with a full knowledge of what will and won't happen, please Mr. summoner...tell me what it is you wish for me to do."
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 5:17 am

Kat looked at the coming two and turned her head away quickly. She couldn't see the faces but she knew that one of them was the guy from this morning that she saw while getting food ready. Her face was hot, she moved slightly behind her father, but she heard some noices from the temple and then at the stairs. All she saw was the second man falling down the stairs and then the summoner chasing after someone.
"We'll talk"
That's all she heard before he dissapeared in the distance. Tif and another guardian were already after him, but her father was the one to pull her hand saying to go after them. She nodded but first she helped this old man and smiled kindly at him. Then she went after Asuma.

On her way she stopped at the ruins, she had the feeling someone was there. Kat moved closer to the ruins and saw a kid maybe 6-7 years old. She was suprised that she saw him there. All she could do now was to stay with this kid and help him find his parents, he was too small to be alone outside especially in ruins so she smiled kindly at him and she squatted in front of him, so he wasn't scared of her.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be with your parents? Being alone in these ruins is not the best thing to do. My name is Kat, I can help you find your family."
Back to top Go down
apzrman

apzrman

Male Number of posts : 86
Character (Race) : Marinus (Human)
Hometown : Luca

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 6:12 am

The kid was shy, he looked thin and sickly. It looked like no one had known he was here at all. He was startled by the girl who appeared out of no where. He was scared of her at first, not knowing how she found him out here.

"My name is Kat, I can help you find your family."

The kid had a sad look on his face, as he looked at the ground. It took him quite a while before he could muster up the courage to actually reply to her.

"M-my parents are gone."

At this point he kid had looked more sad than before. he was at the point of crying, but didn't want to show it. He tried once again to talk a little more, but he only got so far.

"My name is Axel." He paused for a moment to try and calm himself down.

"My dad disappeared when sin attacked besaid."

He was again on the verge of crying, but still he held it back. Thoughts of his dad ran through his head, the last moment he was with him. The very last words he said to Axel, "I'll be back after the game." Then came the thoughts of sin. The tidal wave that wrecked the island and almost left him for dead. He began to cry, softly at first, then it became more clear that he was crying.

(Boy, not really what I'm use to writing :\ )
Back to top Go down
Mia

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 9:30 am

Kat looked at Axel, he looked like a little puppy scared of humans. She slowly moved closer to him so she wouldn't scare him and reached her hand out and caressed his hair softly. SHe wanted to comfort him, it wasn't right for a little kid like him to be all alone. She saw he was trying to stay calm and not cry, but it was hard for him. Kat hugged him tightly while caressing his back.

"It's ok Axel, I am sure we will find your father. You are really brave to stay here all alone."

She looked at him smiling softly. She knew it would be hard to help him find his father but it was what she had to do even if she wanted to meet the summoner. As she was thinking about this new summoner she got an idea. She could take this kid to Shinu, she wasn't sure if that was his name, and they could find the way to help Axel together.

"Do you know we have a summoner in the town? I am sure he could help us find your dad Axel, all summoners are nice and helpful so I am sure it will be nice to meet him. But first you need to eat something that's why we will go to my hut, you will be able to take a bath too."

Kat smiled at Axel kindly and whiped his tears away softly. She stood up and took his hand in her and walked back to the village with little Axel.

"I am going to make you some food so you can have enough energy to talk with the summoner when he returns to the village."

She smiled at him and walked to her hut still holding his hand. When they were finally there she prepared food for them both and let Axel soak in the tub, hoping that her father will figure out where she was.

Last edited by Mia on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Mieli turned to Shinu.

"Let's take his money and let him go. We never should've run into him to begin with. You're a summoner, and I'm a guardian. Our enemy is Sin, not Spirans. Take the money, enjoy the money, and continue the pilgrimage. You're not a warrior monk fighting crime. You're a summoner training to defeat Sin, and this is nothing but a distraction."

Mieli turned to the theif

"You misunderstand me. I don't care if he followed you or not. You seem to know the obligations of a guardian, and I fulfill those no matter what the circumstances are. If you're fighting him, you're fighting me too, there's just no way around that.

I guess our fate is in the summoner's hand. He can take your money and enjoy, or he can fight and much to my chagrin give it back to who had it first."
Back to top Go down
Tif

Tif

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Tif sighed as she saw Mieli look towards her and run out of the village gates. By this time, Shinu and the supposed criminal were gone. Instead of chasing after Mieli immediately, she walked over to Erk to make sure he was okay.

"Ah, um... We'll be back later?" With that, Tif played copycat and ran out of the village gates. Was she supposed to do this? She never agreed to be a guradian, and she would, of course, make Shinu and Mieli firmly understand where she stood.

Tif was obviously lighter and faster than Shinu and Mieli, so it wasn't long before she caught up to one of her partners of justice, and not long before reaching to waterfall where Shinu was. As they reached their destination, she and Mieli stood behind Shinu. As she listened to the "criminal" make his long (and somewhat boring) speech, she decided it was her time to step up and take control by standing in between Shinu and the unknown male.

"We won't do anything. I'm sure it was just a misconception. If you could please explain what really happened, then this mess will be cleared up and we can all walk away in one piece." Tif turned to Shinu. If looks could kill, Shinu would have obliterated. "Isn't that right, Shinu?"
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 10:34 am

Just then, their talk was disrupted by a combination of curses, clopping hooves, and loud braying. They turned as one to the direction that had just come from... and a mule hurtled out of them and nearly barreled Meili over, with Erk clinging like a burr to it's back. The aged Guado tumbled off of the beast's back as it screeched to a stop, and Erk scrambled to his feet before Meili.

"Sweet Yevon, what do you think you're doing?! Rushing off like that without a single word, leaving me crumpled at the base of those monster stairs, half the village in an uproar! Was it your intention to cause as much chaos as possible?!" Erk turned on the thief.

"And you! Robbing the head priest of his life savings to renovate the temple! That money's been scrounged away for decades so that this temple could be fully repaired! It will collapse unless extensive repairs are done! How dare you attempt to rob it?!" Erk fairly screeched.
Back to top Go down
Silent Contemplation

Silent Contemplation

Number of posts : 36
Character (Race) : Akuma Shinigami
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 12:17 pm

((I'm back :3 all my rl stuff has been taken care of....I hope XD))

As Asuma ran through the rocky streets of Besaid after the two Guardians, even if he was intruding, there had been something going on in the temple. And, seeing as he lived in Besaid, the man had made it his business. He ran after the guardians, keeping a little ways behind them, to make sure he knew where he was going. Even though he had lived there for years, he had no idea where the man had gone. After following the Al Bhed girl and the older man, as they made it to the waterfall. He stopped, walking the rest of the way. There was no way out, other than to jump down the waterfall. And that would be like suicide. As he walked around the corner to the waterfall, he heard talking, and he brought his hand to his naginata on his back, gripping the end of it tightly. As he walked around the corner, a scowl slowly found it's way onto Asuma's face. He walked up to the group of people, still holding his naginata's end. "What...is going on here." It was more of a statement than a question, partially because he was getting a little annoyed at the whole situation. Someone stealing money from the temple was one thing. But knocking down a preiest, twice. And then the temple needed the money. He wanted an answer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ffdiscussion.forummotion.com
AtLossForWords

AtLossForWords

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 7:45 pm

Mieli was a bit disgusted with Erk. He never liked being lectured, especially by older men on being a responsible Spiran. He shook his head slightly and quickly back and forth curling his lips to a minimal frown. Mieli glared at Erk as if Erk had pickpocketed his wallet right in from of him. He was not a happy man after Erk's comment.

"I'm trying to cause chaos, I didn't steal your life saving and knock you down. I didn't leave you crumpled, because I never actually cared that you were. I'm a guardian not a nurse, and you don't like anything like my summoner."

Mieli turned to the theif with an inquiry.

"The situation seems a little bit more complicated now. I'm afraid they won't accept your bargain. Did you have a plan Z or are you just going to succumb? I would encourage you not to throw your life away, I've never seen anyone get more than one."
Back to top Go down
Jimi
Admin
Jimi

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 8:23 pm

Shinu watched this little intriguing man as he started to talk after a short amount of time in obvious though. He brought a smile to Shinu's face however when he told him that he didn't look the part of a summoner. In his lifetime, he only saw one summoner, and she wasn't exactly what he was trying to look like so that was good news to him. This little guy had some moxy though, and Shinu rather liked that. He didn't know too well who he was dealing with obviously. Nuraki would absolutely terrorize that little dagger of his if need be. This man seemed to put a lot of thought in to what he was going to do and say, so Shinu decided to let it play out a bit more.

Thinking that Shinu was immune to fear was definitely a false statement. He wasn't scared of this man, that was for sure, but he did have fear in his heart. He feared many things, most of which included some type of vulnerability, so this definitely wasn't affecting him all too much. He didn't fear death or a fight against any one or any thing for that matter.

This guy was definitely on a suicide mission. Was he crazy? Well, yes, he was at least crazy in order to threaten a summoner's life. Not just a summoner, but as he'd already acknowledged, a physically overbearing one like Shinu who also appeared to be a swordsman. Shinu wasn't a hundred percent sure, but this guy did seem to not be afraid, and may have been as confident as Shinu was himself.

Now Shinu was at a crossroad to say the least. The road ended going straight, and he was going to have to put this bad boy in reverse, or change directions one way or another. There were a few things to consider now, and the first thing was Shinu's pride. He'd kept quiet and let the man talk, and most of it was coming out of the side of his neck in Shinu's eyes. He was going to have to figure out how at some point he could get a bit damage done to this guy. The next thing was that money was something of a necessity, well it might be, Shinu wasn't sure if summoner pilgrimages needed gil anyways considering the amount of support they would receive, but with Tif in the party it might not be a sure thing. So the money could be worth taking and swallowing his pride. Then the temple was up for consideration too, and it wouldn't be the best karma one could obtain by allowing a thief to steal from a temple and then taking half the loot to be bought off.

As soon as Shinu thought he'd come to his answer and decided to dice this man up in three pieces, his guardians showed up. Mieli seemed none too happy about the run, and thought it best that he take the money, which did quite make sense. Then Tiffany, damn Tiffany wasn't going to let him kill him! What is going on. Somehow Erk made it, and he was none too pleased with the turn of events and now Shinu couldn't take the loot! Gah! Shinu was getting pissed.

You!

Shinu pointed his blade at the man on the ground.

I'm quite tired of this story time lecture, enough of that. And you Mieli, you make a good point, but you've got to cool off right now so I can think man. I trust you with my life, but this time I think I have an idea.

Shinu turned back to Tiffany, still staring a whole through his face without a break in between.

You don't worry, I won't kill him.

Then he turned to Erk, quickly making his rounds to everyone that put their two cents in.

Look Erk, I'm sorry you got knocked down the stairs, but you have to keep calm too! Everyone just hold up a minute. I have an idea.

Shinu put his blade back up and motioned for the man to get up.

Now, we're in a sticky situation, and I think there's only one way to make everyone happy, well at least the best it's going to get. I don't want any complaining either.

Shinu looked at Tif and Erk this time, knowing Mieli was going to accept Shinu's decision whether he disagreed with it or not.

The money goes back to the temple. Ah! No talking yet! No one is going to fight here and now either. No one is getting off free either. Let's just rationalize here, and come to a consensus. Mieli and I are going to defeat Sin one way or another, that is our goal. Erk would like to see that money go back to the temple, and Tiffany would like to keep you alive apparently. The way we do all three, is the two of you becoming my guardians like Erk and Mieli already have. You sir will find your money on the pilgrimage I am more than certain, and you Tiffany can see to it that he stays alive.

Shinu turned now to see that yet another person was searching for some answers.

You sir, I'm not quite sure as to who you are. What's going on is a pilgrimage, and if you would like to interrupt it, than continue quizzing me. However, if you would like to help, you can find a place for my guardians and I to eat some food before we set off on the long journey ahead. I'm sure Yevon will bless you greatly for your help.

Shinu looked back at the man who was now standing and at Tiffany. He figured the man would understand that this was going to be his only way out, his plan Z for that matter. Shinu hoped for everyone's sake that he would do the right thing. He and this man would definitely have their battle later, that much was sure.

I will be needing food for all of my guardians, there are four of them. Does anyone have any objections? Right now I don't see a better option. Can you help us kind, curious sir?
Back to top Go down
gamemonk0

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 11:26 pm

It took all of Erk's considerable willpower to resist from several of the darker whims that surfaced in his mind at that moment. The scenarios flashed through his mind, the many branches of cause and effect stretching out.

Him collecting his borrowed mule and barging off, leaving them to face heaven and high water for all he cared. Him confronting Shinu directly and demanding that this dastard be turned in to the authorities in Luca for robbing a temple, a felony he might add. The villain burning at his feet in wreaths of flaming plasma. Branches upon branches, nearly all of them stopping at dead ends.

Erk sighed and decided that he best hold his tongue for the moment. He would have his moment with this condemned rogue eventually, however. Nothing would stand in this old man's way of that, summoner be damned.

An Al Bhed, an uncouth man without care or respect for the temples, a lecherous hothead, and now a damned criminal. What had he gotten himself into? He momentarily pondered the wisdom of just leaving this motley crew, but decided that he couldn't just abandon a summoner in need. He would be just as damned as the thief if he were to fail Yevon in such a way.

So the old guado remained silent, for the moment. His silence, however, could not keep the sparks from his eyes.
Back to top Go down
apzrman

apzrman

Male Number of posts : 86
Character (Race) : Marinus (Human)
Hometown : Luca

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 am

Axel thanked Kat. He looked much better now and was clean. He was still very quiet, but did speak to Kat more about how he managed to survive.

“My dad taught me how to survive on my own. We travelled all over Spira, even to places where very few people lived. He taught me how to find food and clean water.”

Axel was pondering through his thoughts. What was this summoner like? Were they a man or woman? Would they be able to defeat Sin? He wasn’t too keen on seeing this summoner, but if they would be able to help find his dad, Axel would be very grateful.

He was beginning to wonder when this summoner was coming. It seemed like quite some time had passed since he had entered the hut. Even though he was wondering this, he didn’t ask Kat the question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)   Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fates Collide Under a Sky So Blue (Ch.3)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Spira's Forgotten Legends :: Southern Spira :: Besaid Island-
Jump to: